15. Hospitalize

15. Hosptalize

"Herbivore President."

My blood starts drain out of my head at that voice, his voice,  the one and only person I don't ever, ever want to hear. The moment lunch bell rung, the one and only Namimori's most terrifying disciplinary member as well as my childhood friend, Hibari Kyoya had come to probably whisk me away. Though, I don't think he realizes that yet, and I don't plan on telling him that.

"Hibari-sempai, to what pleasure I can help you with?" I ask, feinting that as nothing ever happened.

"I think you know, what I want. Tell me about that baby or I'll bite you to death." He demanded yet I looked at him as if I had no idea who or what he's talking about. 

"That's unfair, I didn't see any baby, sempai!" I lied, hoping that I could get away from him before he can attack, I ran as fast as I can "anyways, duty calls bye!" 

I went straight to the student council room, sweating a bit from a five minute sprint just to get away from Kyoya. I'm really out of shape, since I haven't done my teacher's training regime since I started middle school. I sat in my usual chair and put my head in the cold smooth desk. I close my eyes, and fell into a deep slumber. 

By the time I woke up, there was a blanket on my back. Who put it on me? I neatly folded the blanket, and put it at the corner of my desk. I looked at my flip phone to find out that it's past school hours, and I slept the second half of the school. I packed my stuff, and went home.

Hari greeted me like usual, I took a shower and changed to my casual clothes and cooked for the night's dinner. The two of us mostly catch up with homework since I skipped most of the time, and even told me the test days. I thank Hari, and once we finished eating, she did the cleaning while I worked on organizing the next school event as well as to plan. 

____

Few months later

____

The school sport's festival went smoothly than I expected, Kyoya miraculous stopped chasing me asking about reborn. I even met Shamal attempt to make out with some woman in the infirmary. To which I gagged the moment I saw them and ran away. I even had to babysit Lambo and I-pin time to time since I just skipped classes (I'm such a good president), and tutor Tsuna's group when I have free time or when they come up to me.

Everything looks perfect! Even school is going nicely.

Everything's perfect except for one thing...

I'm sick.

Of all days I that I passed out, why does it have to be now?! The doctors told me the reason I got sick was due to overworking and lack of sleep that my body wasn't able to handle. It seems that I've been pushing myself too far, and got hospitalized, even Hari got angry at me for neglecting my health. 

So Here I am.

Sitting in my hospital bed, white walls of the hospital with a horrifying IV drip sticking on my arm, with the disciplinary leader as my room mate.

Wait..

...disciplinary member? 

I look at my room mate and analyze his feature, black hair, and narrow gray eyes... That only mean one thing, I'm rooming with Kyoya!? My face starts to ashen.

What a great day! Note my sarcasm for that. Kyoya was absolutely glaring daggers at me while I was looking at the window, I never thought that looking at a window could be so interesting as it's obviously by all means to avoid his gaze.

"Why did you get here, herbivore?" Kyoya asks, still staring at me but he doesn't seem to glare that much.

"I got a cold, apparently I overworked myself" I took all my courage to look at him, he looks a bit flushed probably since he got a cold as well "how about you?"

"About the same as yours, except my family exaggerated too much" Kyoya sighs, reverting his gaze from mine.

There was silence between the two of us, as if there was an heavy awkward atmosphere between us. He wasn't very talkative in the first place and I find it a bit weird since I've been surrounded with a loud crowd most of the time. 

It's been a while since I get to spend my time quietly like this.

"Y'know, You remind me of someone I know." I was thrown off guard, that Kyoya initiated first "she looks a lot like you, there's even some similarities. She's quite quite different from everyone else and I don't even know where she is right now. Before I could ask her the reason why she left, she's already gone."

'This someone is sitting in front of you though' is what I would had said but I refrain

"How do you define 'different' about her?" I ask, taking a gulp. I could feel my heart skips, knowing that the person who he's talking about is me "are... are you mad at her for leaving?"

"She's weird, violent, slacks like a sloth, sleeps a lot, sometimes even snores like a pig." Kyoya answers brutally honest, as he attempt to remember his memories about our time together "She usually would look at the skies and watch the clouds pass,  just like what you're doing right now and no, I wasn't mad at her. She has her reasons."

"I see." I spoke, releasing a huge air that I unknowingly held back. I was relief that he wasn't mad at me, all the years that I thought Kyoya was angry at me and even stressed me out thinking about it gave peace to my mind. 

"Besides, I'm going to bite her to death the moment I see her" My peace ended too quickly, remembering him saying something like that six years ago "I know for a fact she isn't weak, so I want to fight her."

"O-okay, good luck finding her!" Though I'm right here. I nervously cheered him, other patients soon came in, only to be scared off by Kyoya. I sometimes wonder why he hasn't kicked me out despite of the number of patients that came here before requesting to be changed room.

It was already nighttime when I couldn't sleep, I knew Kyoya would probably beat the crap out of me if I disturb him but I dared to do it anyways.

"Senpai, how come you didn't kicked me out?"

I ask, and waited for a respond but there weren't any answers coming. I waited and waited until I decided to give up and go back to sleep. I was about half asleep when I heard him say few words before drifting to the realm of dreams, so I was unsure if I was hallucinating at that point.

"It's because I can tolerate you, Herbivore."

____

Don't forget to 

VOTE! COMMENT! AND ENJOY!

-Neku-