6. Expect the Unexpected

6. Expect the unexpected

"Wake up, Omnivore."

I threw a pillow at the nine year old Kyoya, but he perfectly dodge my remaining pillow. Its been two years almost three since I lived in Hibari residence, I also learned that he was a year older than me, he's nine while I'm eight years old, and he really likes to 'bite' people.

The house that my parents renovated is almost finished and all it need was furnishing, after that I decided that I am going to move out.

"Kyoya, it's the weekend!" I complain, as he just barged in my room without my permission "why would you wake me up six in the morning?!"

"You have a guest." He simply answer, as his peace was disrupted by a mere guest "he's says he's you're family, and you'll get fat not doing anything."

"Does Yasumi know?" I immediately asks, but he shook his head.

"They're both on early business meeting, they'll be back in the evening."

"Okay, thanks for telling me, now you need to get out. I need to do some lady stuff."

I pushed Kyoya pit of my room and immediately scrambled make myself presentable. I immediately went to the Living room, to see my family. Excited to see that my dad finally visited me, it's been a year since they've last visited me, and I'm glad that they're going to visit this year as well.

"Hello, niece"

I could feel my heart drop hearing a unfamiliar voice, no, the voice of the man I don't ever want to hear. He wore an expensive suit and wore a fancy black hat.

B...Bermuda...

"Uncle... what a surprise." I greeted, all my excitement was killed, as I sat in front of him. The man in front of me has yet to age, as he still looks like an infant "to what can I help you with your unprecedented visit?"

"You know, your father hid you well, it was really hard find you." He simply chuckles stating facts "I'm only here to remind you of my proposal, I can grant anything you want for a simple exchange ...Perhaps you already have gist of it."

"If you want me to be the main family's successor then it's already useless." I look directly into his eyes, nothing but a black lifeless orbs "I cannot produce any flames you speak of or neither do I tend to break my father's wishes."

"Hmm, is that so? What a pity" He hums in amusement, as if he already knew the result "I'm sure that you'll make a wish one day, it doesn't have to be now. Always remember, don't hesitate to come to me when you need help, niece."

"I understand, uncle." I held my head high, without faltering my gaze to his, as he only chuckles in a terrifyingly low tone "but I don't think that I'll ever use it."

"We'll see about that..."
____
____

"Are you alright, Elias?" Kyoya's mother asks worriedly, I probably look pale as paper.

"I am fine, Yasumi-san" I reassure, I admit that I was really shaken when Bermuda visited me, but I decided not to share the news to the Hibari family

Kyoya asks who the man was, but I only answered that he was someone unimportant, to him, at least something that he shouldn't worry about. The four of us was in the middle of our dinner, when I announced something important.

"Um, I'd like to thank everyone's generosity but," I nervously asks, knowing that the longer I stayed, the more the Hibari family was in danger because of me "I... am going to move out."

"Oh my, is it something about our house that you dislike?" Yasumi asks nervously.

"N-no! It's really wonderful staying here!" I answer her question "everyone is really warm and kind, but I don't want to burden anyone. That's why I want to live on my own with few people I trust."

"Elias, you are only eight. You can't do anything by yourself" Kyo spoke, his brow furrow. A bit surprise that Kyoya remained quiet at our conversation "I don't want to send a child on their own at such a young age."

"Kyo-san, I may be young but, I am raised to be strong to face my own problems." I look at him with my determination "I can't face my family if I can't shake bugs crawling around on my own, that's why I don't want to involve your family with my problems."

Kyo Hibari was about to say something when the little Hibari stood up, and left the room, upset that I wanted to leave their house. I gave out a small courtesy bow and follow Kyoya.

"Kyoya? Are you mad at me?" I ask rubbing my arms together. He was sitting in a curled position, looking at their newly installed pond.

"Is it because I was labelled as an odd kid?" Kyoya asks, looking at the koi fish swimming "I'm not mad at you, I'm upset that you didn't tell me first. Maybe I could've change your mind earlier."

"You know, some things are better to be unbound and unrestrained." I walk closer to him until I was beside him and sat next to him to watch Koi dance in their new home "I never thought of you as odd, or weird but a boy name Kyoya. Someone who is fully confident their own strength, someone who is unbound and free, like a little yellow bird."

I confronted the raven boy, giving him a glimpse of his future in KHR. I leaned my head lightly on his shoulder, knowing that my existence was never meant to exist in this world.

I was never meant to be here.

"Besides, the next time we meet again" I joked, giggling at the thought joking around with the Kyoya Hibari was a miracle with being beaten by him "you can bite me to death if you want"

"...then, I'll take that offer when you leave our household." He stood up, making me fall on my butt.

I look up to him, his hand reaching out to me, I always knew Kyoya was going to be a hottie in his teenage years, but he's starting to ooze that hormones due to the smirk that crawled in his face, the gentle moonlight softly hit him, making him looks so charming.

For a second, I felt my cheeks get warm and my heart skipped a few beat. I was speechless.

I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up, then whisper the familiar words that many people fawn over when I watch KHR.

"The next time I see you, I will bite you to death, my little Omnivore."

___
Don't forget to
VOTE! COMMENT and ENJOY!

-Neku-