58. Waking up

58. Waking up

I opened my eyes to be greeted by a unfamiliar white ceiling and the heavy smell of antibiotics. I tried to move my body, but I could not accomplish such a task, I was paralyzed to move, even if I did, I feel like my muscle would fall apart. I saw not one, but two needles  that was rooted in my  left arm, both my arm was covered by bandages, and I could even feel the bandages wrapped up to my legs.

I then close my eyes to hear soft sound of a machine beeping steadily, monitoring my heart rate as a oxygen mask covers most my face. I attempt to recollect what happened to me before Mukuro transferred his flame, but nothing exactly came to my mind, and leaving me to wonder.

What the hell just happened?

I couldn't exactly move, and if I panic, my heartbeat is going to increase and cause some unnecessary attention, I'm surprise myself to be calm after being almost burnt by Mukuro's flames. My train of thoughts crashed down, when I heard the sound of door opening, I opened my eyes to see Hari and Charles walking in, with a bouquet of flowers in their hands.

"Yo!" I casually greeted turning my head to look at them, their faces looks absolutely stunned. Then, they immediately left the room to call a dr. Shamal at my awakening.

"Kufufu, so the sleeping beast is awake." I look to the other side to see Mukuro about the same state as me but the only difference is that he can move, and was reading a his favourite book, that was related to revenge.

"How... how long was I unconscious?" I ask Mukuro, as he flips a page.

"From what I heard, I've been asleep for three days with no problem. But you, on the other hand..." he sighs, as if he look relief to see me alive "you were unconscious for four days while occasionally having a unknown attacks, if Shamal wasn't there to stabilize your body. You would have died."

"Ahaha! I won't die that easily! We'd be screwed if they heard us do such a dangerous method!" I joke, giggling at my terrible humor "if I were to die, you would've been accused of killings me and you'll never be able to escape in Vindice."

"Kufufu, sickening humor as always."

Though, the laughter ended when I heard a cough, seeing Shamal absolutely angry, tapping his foot.

"And what exactly is that 'dangerous method' you speak of?" Shamal asks quoting my words using his fingers, and completely angry.

"Uh... transferring flames to another person?" My answer turns out to be more like a question, observing his next move.

"I don't know if your an idiot or simply crazy but that kind of method is unspoken off! You could've died!" He scolds me "Mukuro's mist flame may not be offensive but it is more harmful than you think, especially when your body is rejecting his flame because your compatibility is really low! You won't be able to at least move for few days since your body went through an absurd physical strain in such a short time."

"But I do think that we're more compatible because I didn't die!" I smile cheekily, despite that I couldn't move "you may not know it but I used to visit Mukuro in his realm of illusion!"

"Your an simpleton idiot." Reborn enters my room, as he jumps to sit in my bed "you even made No good Tsuna to worry about you, if you wanted a flame of will I could've just shot you with my bullet."

"Ah, my bad. I didn't expected it to be that bad" I apologize "but I don't think those dying will bullet would have change anything, those bullets are specifically only made for Tsuna after all."

"So...did you get the results you wanted?" Shamal asks, for once, he wasn't that flirtatious at all "I'm sure you wouldn't have done it without a reason."

"I did, it's not ideal or perfect method but there is some sort of a result. Though I'm an absolutely a newbie when it comes to utilizing my flames into an actual battlefield." I sigh, followed by a smile on my face "and I still don't have a full grasp of my own flame."

"What do you mean by that?" Reborn asks.

"Well, let's just say that I'm a child who just receive a Pandora's box as a toy to play with and at the same time it is at my disposal." I explain "what do you think if a kid happens to obtain such a object?"

"Hypothetically speaking, it can potentially can leads to chaos"

"Then, what if the kid is able to control such powerful object?"

"..."

"..."

"The kid becomes a monster..."

_______

Vote Comment and enjoy!

-Neku-