28. Worried Calls

(TYL: Hari Noize)

28. Worried Calls

Hari Noize

It's been almost a month since Elias left for Italy, and she hasn't contacted me as of now. She only mentioned staying for three damn weeks but it's been a month now. I somewhat feel nervous that she hasn't texted or attempted to reach out to me since she promised that she'll definitely text me the moment she settled down, but she hasn't done that.

It was very unlikely of her to break a promise, and she never breaks a promise.

I hesitantly went to the secret room of the house to see the emergency phone to contact Elias' parents just in case anything bad happen to her or anything major happen. I shakily took the phone, thinking every consequences of my actions. It took me few minutes to calm myself and decided to call.

"Hello?"

A female voice came across the the line. It's Elias' mother, I have met her few times with her dad. The two of them are good people since they treated me like their own daughter. I can feel my hand shake but my worry for my friend even greater.

"Hello, this is Hari" I told Elias' mother, I'm sorry for ratting you out Elias. But I need to prioritize your safety first "um... Elias has gone to Italy, to meet a family member. I was just wondering if she's alright. She said she's just going to stay there for three weeks and it has been a month now."

"... Elias went to Italy?" Her voice sounds serious, shocked to hear such news.

"Yes, about a month."

"..."

"Hello?"

"...We don't have any family member residing in Italy."

I can feel my heart drop hearing that from her mother, did Elias just lie to me? I ask myself.

"Eh? What do you mean by that, she said she's going to adopt a pet from a family member."

"We don't have any family that lives in Italy... Well, at least my husband and I doesn't treat him as a family. But I think I have an idea where she might be." A sense of relief and guilt ran through my head hearing that "anyways, thank you for letting us know. We'll make sure to have a good talk with our daughter and sorry for making you so worry!"

"N-no, It's alright. I'm sorry for not letting you know earlier!" I apologize as the two of us continued to talk until we said our goodbyes.

I didn't want to cause any necessary panic, so I decided to trust Elias's parents and wait for her to come back and be patient.

Deep breath Hari, Take a deep breath...

I chant myself over and over, until I hear a doorbell in the house. I saw Haru and Kyoko waving at me as they invite me to hangout last minute. I smile the two girls as I agree to go out with them and to get my mind off worrying Elias too much.

"Hari-sempai, do you know when Elliot sempai is coming? Tsuna and the others seem to talk about him alot lately" Kyoyo asks me, I flinched a little, even I don't know how to answer that.

"Well, he hasn't contacted me yet, he's probably having so much fun!" I covered my worry perfectly as the two seem to be in oblivion of what's happening about Elias.

"I see! I'm glad that he's having fun but it's a bit rude of him not to contact you!" Kyoko got angry on my behalf. Maybe he just can't communicate with anyone.

"It's fine Kyoko-chan! Thank you for getting mad for my behalf. Let's have enough about Elias and let's enjoy shopping!"

"Elias? Who's that?" Haru looks at me in confusion, how could my mind slip up! I could feel my heart stop for a moment I spoke her name out loud.

"I meant Elliot! Ahaha, I don't even know where I got that from" I laughed it off, as the two seem to accept my klutzy move "anyway, let's go?"

"Yeah! Let's do shopping!"

________

________

Bzzzt! Bzz! Bzzzt!

It was quite late at night when someone is calling me, I was exhausted shopping with the girls as it us hours after hours to find a perfect outfit that we all like. I took my phone to see an Unknown caller, I hesitated to answer but I was really glad that I did, since I was able to hear Elias' voice on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Hari?" Elias greets me.

"Elias, what took you so long!?" I ask her, I could feel relief running through my head hearing her voice "you said you're going to contact me as soon as you settled down. What is happening with you right now?"

"I'm sorry for making you worry! But it seems that business seems to be taking longer than expected. It seems that my request is still taking a bit longer than I expected." Elias informs me, hearing gunshots and people yelling in pain or begging for mercy on the other side. Just what are you doing? "Anyways, can you do me a small favour and tell the school that my I'm going to be away for about two more months."

"W-wait, what's going on Elias? Why the heck are you staying in Italy for another two months?!" I asks her, but she didn't tell anything. It broke my heart to see that she doesn't trust me enough to tell me anything "you said you were only going to stay for a month at least, not three!"

"..."

"Elias... can you at least tell me that you'll come back to Japan?"

"...Hari, I—" Elias pauses, taking a deep breath "Yeah, I'll come back to Japan. I'm sorry if I can't tell anything right now, but I promise to be more open to you more with these matter when I return, Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Thank you for understanding, Hari! Don't forget to take care of your health okay?"

"Yeah, you too! You're the one who's in much more dangerous place, worry about yourself more!"

"Okay, I will. See you soon!"

______

Don't forget to

VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!

-Neku-