59. Making of a Monster

"The kid becomes a monster..."

"Correct, if I utilize my own flame. It means that I could become a monster, but I haven't physically tested that so the result for now is still blurry." I giggle darkly at the thought of me becoming a monster, or even a killing machine "if that news were to spread, I'm sure that I won't be able to escape from the Lin family. Even if I don't become the heir, they'll only use me as their soldier."

"You know, Power always come for a price. Especially when you're so eager to gain power at such a short amount of time." Reborn gave me words of wisdom "you aren't that unreliable as Tsuna, but why do you need to gain power in a short period of time?"

"I..." I was hesitant to tell them, clenching my hand. Hari, Charles and Mukuro was there, I didn't want to share my worries them.

Rely on your friends, Elias.

Fuyumi's words soon came flying in my mind, she was right. I always kept distance because I didn't want them to be in trouble, but what if that was the reason they might die? That I was too oblivious to not tell them the truth. Even I, don't know how to answer that.

"Why don't you just tell them?"

Mukuro snaps me out of my thoughts, the antagonist of the Kokuyo arc is giving me an advice, no matter how odd it was, I felt that I needed to hear that "they care for you yet you push them away, how selfish of you, pushing your privileges away."

"I... I already told Hari some parts of it... I've been thinking of leaving Namimori for quite some time." I told everyone in the room, as they all listened "I when I was in Italy during summer, I overheard my uncle, that Charles will be serving as a spy for me. An assurance that I won't do anything to betray our contract."

"What do you mean by contract?" Reborn looks at me seriously, as if he's preparing himself to kill me if I were to betray or assassinate the future Vongola candidate.

"I wanted for the Vongola to have Mukuro as your mist guardian. So I made a contract to release Mukuro Rokudo from Vindice care, to erase Ken, Chikusa's crimes, as well as to put Chrome Dokuro and three males to be under my full authority" everyone flinch, hearing me say those words "for exchange, well... let's just say my freedom is going to be taken away."

"Your thinking is messed up! Why would you exchange something stupid like that?" Reborn was somewhat getting frustrated at me.

"Is it really? I think it's a pretty fair deal to me, exchanging four people's freedom against one isn't so bad."

"I'm only suppose to watch from afar but I can somewhat understand why your father got upset at you." Iemitsu walks reveals himself from outside, as walks in my room "as a father myself, I would be upset if my child didn't  consult me at such a dangerous contract."

"Well, that too. But would you really have agreed if I said I wanted to set four strangers their freedom, and nonetheless, one of them is a notorious criminal?"

No...

The answer was obvious, everyone was silent at my rhetorical question, I know that Mukuro was still going to be freed at some point but I was too impatient for that to happen. I wanted for the pineapple head and his comrades to at least have proper education, before going out to the real world.

Was it so wrong to do that?

"There must be another way." Reborn broke the silence "I don't necessarily agree to your kind of mindset but at least try to treasure your self. You may think that you're existence doesn't matter, then your completely wrong. There are more people than you think that cares for you."

"I know..." clenching my hand "I'm aware of that, but I was too impatient that the right path blinded me, thinking that I could handle everything to myself."

"Do you regret it?" Mukuro asks me "that you released me?"

I gave a weird look, and released a small huff.

"I won't do anything that I would've regret." I assured him "besides, what's done is done! The vindice can't touch you since I have my full authority of your freedom."

"Let's set the drama aside! You just said that Charles is a spy, wouldn't that mean he's going to betray you?"

Iemitsu looks at the awkward adult, as the poor blonde was being glared at by Reborn and Iemitsu.

"Ahaha! I don't know, that's up to him if he wants to betray me or not" I told them casually "He's already part of my family, and I won't dictate what he wants to do but, if he decided to betray me, then I'll handle him myself!"

"But he's a traitor!" Shamal furrows his brows

"I won't betray her!" Charles defended himself "I only worked there to assure that the orphanage I lived in was safe... but the only thing I didn't know was that it was destroyed a decade ago... and the reason of it being destroyed was because it serve as my weakness that her uncle had order to destroy it."

"Traitor or not, I've already committed several things a civilian person couldn't do. If Mukuro was already treated to be a criminal in attempt to possess Tsuna's body.  wouldn't that make me a traitor as well for spying Vongola's future boss?"

I challenged all of the adults that was inside my room, this was their perfect time if they want to kill me, I'm literally immobile.

"But you said you were a neutral party from the begginging." Reborn furrows his brows.

"Correction, I was. Until my uncle wanted me to spy on you." I spoke "but I knew sooner or later you would find that out. So I decided that I'll leave Namimori before Tsuna would be involve and to avoid everything it gets too problematic."

"So your running away, coward?" Reborn's word somewhat hit my nerves, I guess it was his way of revenge for challenging him.

"Yes. You may call me a coward but I don't plan to drag anyone to my problems" I yawn, "I never intended to drag you or my friends..."

"..."

Everyone was tense, they always learn something new whenever I'm around, they're probably assessing me if I should be treated as friend, foe or a neutral party.

"Anyways, I don't think I could stay awake any longer ...I'm going back to sleep."

My head slowly shuts down, drowsiness was overcoming my head and my body feels heavy. I tried to keep my eyes open but it was rebelling against my thoughts, and the last thing I saw was everyone staring at me with a worried look on their faces.

_____

Vote Comment and Enjoy!

-Neku-