85. His feat

Short chapter.

85. His Feat

He won.

Byakuran Gesso won.

The man himself could not help but to smile in triumph, all of his pawns served him well. Too well. Especially his beloved queen that partake the battle was one the reasons why the result was a very sweet, sweet victory.

Right now, everyone was getting their wounds treated, except for one unfortunate soul who was killed.

Elias sat in a chair, isolating herself, even she was devastated at Vongola's loss, despite that it was their victory. She continue to whisper to herself, perhaps she wasn't able to get over to what she had done?

After half an hour later, everyone was patched up and was designated to meet, where the losers loses their prize possessions while winners get whatever they want.

The two groups decided to meet where everyone started. Byakuran's group was already in their station as they wait for Vongola to arrive, Kikyo and Torikabo was sitting down, with eyes close, they used too much energy for the battle. While Daisy kept mumbling depressing thoughts and Bluebell was talking with Byakuran.

Elias on the other hand, remain still silent, she look almost broken, as she kept staring at one direction and didn't bother to move a single inch of muscle.

"Yo Tsunayoshi!" Byakuran notices their arrival, waving at them casually, as if the battle fiasco ceased to exist.

"Byakuran..." Tsuna's brows furrowed seeing Byakuran.

"Everyone's here correct?" Byakuran starts the conversation "I won the battle so won't you hand over the Vongola rings?"

He politely asks, but Tsunayoshi's group felt like it was more of an order than a question. Tsuna's eyes wondered towards Elias, she has minor bandages and yet her eyes look dead. She avoided everyone's gaze by looking to the ground, since she doesn't know how to mend things with Tsuna's group. Not when she defeated them. Tsuna was hesitant handing over the rings, he definitely didn't want to hand over the ring towards Byakuran.

Not like this.

"Please wait a second, last time we played 'choice' you said I can make any request that you'll grant, and I won that match" Irie interrupts "I request a rematch!"

Irie was referring to an alternate world, where he won their game of 'Chance' when the Byakuran and him was still in college. Irie's words put a small spark of hope in the Vongola family, perhaps, if another game of choice was to be played again, Tsunayoshi's group may have a chance of winning. A chance of redemption.

"I'm sorry..." Byakuran looks down on Irie, as if he doesn't remember their match "but I don't remember that."

"That's a lie! you wouldn't forget about any game!" Irie yells in defend.

"You're being selfish." Byakuran simply smiles off.

"But a promise is a promise!" He kept pushing a futile request "you were loyal to 'choice'!"

"I'm say that nothing like that happened." He brushes off Irie's request "I can't accept something that never happened in the first place. Therefore, I, as he boss of Millefiore's, formally reject your request."

Irie could not do anything but to click his tongue, hope was slowly dying for Vongola family, not only that Tsuna's friends are hurt, he is about to lose the rings that they all worked hard to get, and to make the situation worse was Elias was on Millefiore's side, to which they learned that they held Hari as captive, forcing the ash haired teen to help Millefiore.

Tsuna could not help himself but to feel so weak and helpless, he was still that cowardly person he is, he wants to run away from this situation but he didn't escape, he simply doesn't want to see his friends and family get hurt. Not when he saw how Byakuran treat his own comrades, how he easily discarded living people who wasn't useful to him or how he would manipulate with people's emotion using threats, like how he used Hari's life as a threat to Elias could not do anything but to help him achieve his goals. He wasn't angry at her, he was just frustrated at how stubborn Elias can be at times, if only he could reason with her.

But then again,

He did not have the right to make decisions for Elias, she was strong on her own, sure she has her own weaknesses but she doesn't let that get the better of her. But all of that was just Tsuna's depiction of Elias, a prejudice opinion that she will be fine, no matter what happens.

In all reality, Elias is still a reckless child in the eyes of the adult, despite of her cheery smile and carefree facade, she hides a deep, dark of a broken child, where her mental weakness is slowly and surely eating her sanity away.

It won't be long until her darkest memories would rise.

______________

Ehehe... 3 chaptersss lefttt

Vote Comment and enjoy!

Neku