24. Down to business

24. Down to Business

I sat inside a secluded part of a cafe, correction, I sat in the VIP part of the cafe, where everything are quite private and almost soundproof from outside. I drink my warm cup of tea to enjoy a small cake with it, I sometimes forget that I am reincarnated into an anime world and simply get caught by the flow. I am just a side character that shouldn't have exist in the first place. 

I listen to the soothing instrumental pop music that the Cafe played, within seconds, my the guest that I was waiting for has arrived. A child at an age of one, wearing a suit fitted just for his size with a chameleon rests in his shoulder. He looks at me and sat right across me, with a special chair for him so that we can talk at an equal eye level.

"Good afternoon, Reborn" I started, offering him some goods "do you want anything from the menu? My treat."

"Then, I'll take an Venti esspresso with a cheesecake." Reborn orders, as I ask the server for his order, the two of us casually took the event casually. Not any blood-lust being spill in the atmosphere.

"Then what do you want to learn from me, Reborn?" I initiated, putting my arm in the table. 

"What's your motive?"

"To finish studies."

"Which mafia family are you affiliated to?"

"None, but I guess I'm affiliated to the Vongola family since I'm friends with Tsuna? Other than that, I don't think I am part of a mafia family." 

At least not with the Italian mafia, but if he asks about the Lin Triad... well, that's a different chapter to tell.

"What do you know about Mafia?"

"Hmm, that's a vague question. I don't know a lot but I have a gist of who I need to be friends with and who I can and can't mess around."

"I looked up for a boy name Eliott Echo. A very unique name, if I say so myself. But it seems that there wasn't any records about you. Who are you?" Reborn informs me something not so new to me, I chuckled at that very question.

Who are you?

A question that even myself don't know how to answer that, I've been wearing several masks that I lost sense of my own identity along the path. Fuyumi Echo, the lazy girl who was unfairly killed, and got reincarnated. Elias Lin, The girl who lives in a carefree life with a devious mind, and Elliot Echo, The boy who's a mix of Elias and Fuyumi, lazy and carefree. Three names with different personality reside in one body. Even for me, that was a tough question.   

"Have you ever heard of the Lin Triad, Reborn?" I ask, looking at the infant, no, the sun arcobaleno.

"Of course, they're one of the families that should't be messed around. In fact there are a lot of rumor that their family is in uproar right now—" He nods, telling how powerful my family was then paused for a moment, a question that popped in his mind "—could it be that your part of that family?"

I smile, I didn't had to verbally say it as Reborn can manage to put all the pieces together, even without me saying anything.

"it's true I'm part of that family but, we're no longer associate with the main family, at least we try not to, but it seems they're getting stubborn each passing year." I stir my drink and taking a bite of my cake.

"But from what I know, the Lin Triad doesn't have any male descendant that fits your age." He furrows his brows, each pieces in the puzzle are coming along but at the same time it's not complete.

"Who says anything about being male? Please don't forget about Fuuta's ranking system, if I say so myself. It's quite terrifying how accurate his book is." I took another bite of my cake, and requested for another tea to drink. Reborn remained silent, until he finally remember one of Fuuta's list.

#19 good at cross-dressing 

"I thought I was pretty convincing myself, since even you didn't recognize me by my own gender." I proudly boasted my cross-dressing skill at him, as he looks at me with wide eyes, as he easily understood what that meant "I mean being a male do give a lot of freedom than the girls does."

"How unexpected, but I suppose there's more reason for your cross-dressing. It's a genius move." Reborn praises me "but that doesn't explain to me your relationship to the Lin Family."

"Have you heard of Tengfei Lin?" I asks, as Reborn nodded.

"He is one of the top most dangerous person in mafia, he was supposed to be a successor to the Lin family but didn't take it because he's uninterested in those kind of matter." Reborn tells me a story that I already know all too well, I'm amazed how this man knows a lot about my family "in fact he cut his connections to the Lin family, as of now, her location is unknown."  

"I'm surprise you know a lot about my father." I finally reveal my relationship to the Lin family to reborn, causing him to stand up in shock "you see, as we speak my parents are somewhere around the world. They occasionally visits me but they leave quickly since there are rats everywhere."

"Your Tengfei's daughter?! That must mean Elleana's you're mother..." Reborn looks off guard with the new information he's taking in "then that must mean, you would be in real danger if the Lin family discovers you."

"Now that you mention it, Ahaha, I guess so." I simply laughed off at the serious matter, as if my life wasn't on line "I guess that's one of the reason I don't want to join Tsuna's family, there's so much need to be done and I don't want to drag Tsuna to my family's dilemma when he, himself is not prepared to become a mafioso."

"I see, I apologize for threatening you. I didn't know you're Elleana's daughter." Reborn apologizes formally "I don't exactly know your father but I'm good friends with your mother."

"There's no need to be so formal Reborn, I just want you to keep my identity until I tell everyone one day." I huff tiredly, seeing Reborn being so formal the moment he knew that Elleana was my mother, I don't know what Reborn and my mom's relationship is, in fact, I didn't know a lot about my mother but it seems that she has a lot of friends than I expected.

"Okay, I'll do that" Reborn agrees to my favor "oh, and your still paying right?"

"Yeah, I told you it's my treat."

I look at our table, there were several plates and the list of the drinks Reborn drank. Most of them were quite expensive, I sigh at looking at the bill, to see a painfully huge numbers. As I need to everything. 

There goes my money...

____

Oh. my. god. 

I'm almost done on Varia's arc and Holy shiet, I'm actually excited to start for my future arc with Elias since -asefajhfspoilersaefafg- aaand like -afjkojfgmorespoilersajfqg- so yeaahh! I hope you guys find it interesting so far.

Don't forget to

VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!