78. Self Preparations

78. Self preparations

Three days left until the battle...

Everyone's busy with preparation for the choice game, even Byakuran himself was locked up in his office, working with all the paperwork in order for the game to happen.

I am currently stuck in my spacious room, while Daisy guards the only entrance to my room. Here I lay in my bed, with the diary beside me, I've only read less than half what was written in the notebook. I grab my diary, and started to flip through a written pages, all of them was filled important notes and messages, a drawn image caught my attention and decided to read it's content. 

It was my weapon box, to be precise,  the one that I left in the mansion. I then read it's mechanics and it's uses. 

__________

My weapon box; Shiro Yuki

Strong points: Weakens a flames, mobile, has a wide range.

Weak points: has an attitude, doesn't usually follow orders, must speak in olden language.

Requirements in opening: the lotus ring and your flame, duh.

____________

My eyes then wonder in the ring that was hanging in my neck, the very same ring that Orfeo gave me. I held the ring up, a small light passes through the gem, causing for the white light to reflect the colour of the gem.

"How pretty, so it's called the Lotus ring." I mumble, fiddling with the ring.

Now that I mention it, I never really attempted to produce a flame since I've been captured by Byakuran. I remove my necklace, took the chain out of my ring, and wore the accessory.

The ring was a perfect fit, inspecting the ring that perfectly complement my hand. I stared at the Lotus Ring for a few more good seconds, then I clenched my hand, forming a fist. Then I attempt to produce to my  flame of will, but there weren't any signs of the flames. I feel like I look I was having a constipation or at least I look like I was trying to take a poo. A sigh escapes in my lips.

I suppose producing a flame was still no good after all...

I hug my knees, brooding at the thought of being unable to produce a flame. Did I fail my future self already? did I really not do anything to change the future? I got taken away by Byakuran, trusted his words at some point, and now.

I couldn't produce any flame...

All the warning that my future self has given me, I failed to do it. All the advice myself gave, deemed to be futile, as I wasn't able to complete such a single task. Heck, I don't even know how to face Tsuna after this battle, or if they're going to see me as their friends again. Another sighs comes out of my mouth, my thoughts running wild from what's about to come.

"You know, seeing you brood doesn't fit you at all."

I look up to see who the owner of the was, auburn hair, green eyes. He had that usual unreadable smile, and yet a hint of concern shine through his eyes. He has once again, has successfully infiltrated my room without getting caught. 

"Vince..." I softly call him by his given name, as he sat just on the side of my bed, and he gave me a bored look. 

"Geez, a lady shouldn't be thinking gloomy things" He blunts out honestly, giving me a small head chop "a individual pointed out that you might be thinking something negative whenever you're alone, so I decided to cheer you up."

I couldn't think of anything to say back at Vince. 

"My apology, I guess, the 'you' right now is more fragile than I expected." He sighs, as if he regretted speaking his blunt words. 

"..."

"..."

"Hmmm, I can't stand this silence" He ruffle his hair, messing his perfectly fix hair. 

He then stops ruffling his head then, looks at me for a good seconds until he starts ruffling my head, messing my hair completely. The moment he stops, he shyly look away then back to me. Completely visible that he wasn't used to comfort people.

"What are you doing, Vince?" I  ask

"What do you think I'm doing?" He reflected my question back "I'm trying to cheer you up! You always do this to everyone when they're down."

"Even to you?"

"...Yeah." He confesses, as if it was something that he shouldn't have "so, care to share why you're brooding?"

A smile creeps in at how adorable this man can be despite how much old he is, and a giggle finally escapes my mouth. I suppose my own habit of patting people helped others, including myself too.  

"I couldn't produce any flames..." I spoke truthfully

"That's it?! You make that such a big deal!" He sighs dramatically "I'm not sure if this is going to help but flame of will comes from your resolve—here, let me help you."

He took his ring out, a purple lotus flower ring, almost similar to mine. with an image of cloud printed in the gem, then he produces his mist flames. Vince then grabs my hands and transmit his flames to me, unlike Mukuro's flame, Vince's flame feels soft cool sensation, as if it was a spring breeze.

"Close your eyes" He whispers softly, as I followed his order "I want you to think what's the most important thing that keeps you going? what is your resolve, Elias?"

"My resolve?" What is my resolve?  to protect my Friends? Family?  

An image of Hari and Charles pops in my head, followed by the two children that I met from the shopping, then Nao, and Vince. It was a family, we were a family. It was a place where I can belong. 

...even if I don't have to be part of Tsuna's group, there will be the people who will accept me for me.

I want to protect this small family I created. 

"See—" I heard a faint giggle coming from Vince, causing for me to open my eyes "—I knew you can do it."  

An opaque with a tint of blue flame emits on my ring, a mist flame along with the colour of rain flame. Soon, the mist flame soon fades away, as Vince takes away the some of the stray flame while the rain flame starts to grow stronger.

I did it...

I produce a flame!

A flame that represents serenity. Though, I feel like there was a small irony to my own flame. I am filled nothing but worries and yet, my flame tells me that I am a tranquil person.

"Thank you, Vi-chan!" I called him by his nickname.

"Anytime, Elias-sama" 

He then quickly search for something in his pocket, until he found the object from his pockets. Vince then, grabs my wrists and hands over a small item. I look down to see what it was, and I discover it my weapon box that I left behind in the mansion.

"In three days time,

It's going to be game time soon, and the plan will commence soon."   

__________

Vote Comment and Enjoy!

-Neku-