32. Is it worth to fight?

"Hey Charles, do you think what I'm doing is worth fighting for?"

I ask my newfound friend as he drove towards my uncle's facility, due to the lack of my ability to catch Mukuro before uncle could.

"To be frank, I don't understand why you are trying to save strangers you never even met before." Charles answers with a brutal honesty "if you're trying to be a saint, then I don't think being a mafioso is the right occupation for it."

Over the past three months, the only friend that I consider in Italy was Charles because he was the honest and earnest one of all in my uncle's company and he's seriously awkward that that it reminds me of Tsuna's group form time to time.

I manage take him from my uncle's employment due to... reasons. Not that uncle objected, nor I threatened him to join to be a member of my family. As proof that he's part of my family, I bought him a crystal earrings with a lotus emblem inside.

Charles park the car in the underground parking lot of my uncle's building. I immediately rushed to his office, enraged at the fact that he broke his promise and captured my targets on his own accord. I open his door making a huge slam.

"What's the meaning of this uncle?" I smile, hiding my rage that my uncle had lied to me about setting Mukuro free in Japan.

"What do you ever mean?" He feint his innocence.

"You know what I mean." I furrowed my brows, not wanting to explain anymore details.

"Oh, you mean those criminals?" He chuckles in a low tone, while I growl at him calling them criminals "I don't tend break my promises to my adorable niece, but I'm afraid that one little birdie is going to take a bit longer than the rest you've requested."

"What about the others, where are they?"

"Don't be too hasty, they're being treated. You can meet them in few days."

"... I understand..." My anger slowly burns off, and grudgingly bowed to my uncle.

"It's fine. Besides, don't forget our little promise."

"Don't worry, uncle. I won t break our promise. But that is until he is completely free and under my full authority, until then, I don't think I can fulfill my part if you don't do yours."

"Good. You may go to your next duty."

I turned around and left his office, soon after I left I was greeted by Charles. He drove me at a training facility, where I was forced to physically and mentally train.

I still couldn't produce any flame of will, so they decided that they'll put it on hold for now. I was technically the weakest link in the Lin family due to the fact I couldn't produce any flames at all, while the other candidate has a freaking sky flames, sky freaking flames! Like how am I supposed to defeat a prodigies among the prodigy in my family?! It's litterally throwing a sheep in a lion's den.

R. I. P my future.

____

____

Three days had passed by, and my uncle gave me the copy of documents that regards my full authority in three people, as for the fourth one was still being processed and it seems that it'll take longer than usual. I took a deep breath, and entered to the to the room with the three people who were waiting for me; Chrome Dokuro, Ken Joshima and Chikusa Kamimoto.

The two male glared at me while Chrome gave me an adorable nervous smile, she probably knew who I am, and Mukuro should have told her who I was. The two teen had some bandages all over them, while Chrome looks in complete healthy stage. I gave them a short bow and a cheeky smile.

"Nice to meet you everyone, I am Elias Lin." I introduce myself to them "from now own your all my property! ...Or so what a mere piece of paper claims."

"Are you going to put us on experiment?" Ken growls at me in hatred, while Chikusa, or the glasses boy observes me quietly.

"What makes you think of that?" I asks, tilting my head. They look intimidated but they didn't seem to falter either.

"Because that's what everyone would do to us! We're just monsters!" Ken being the loudest, spoke his thoughts out.

"If your monsters, what would that make me? I came from a family of monsters." I chuckle, making a joke of my family name, despite that I couldn't produce a flame "I don't think people like you are monster, you can still feel emotion and you are able to express it, right?"

"You—"

"I'm sure you must've seen hell, and you all fought hard. Mukuro even agreed to me on this one." I smile at them, as they all flinched hearing his name "that you three will live a normal life under my protection, you three will go to school and enjoy your life as long as you can and I will provide food and shelter. Your free to leave if you wish, I won't restrain you."

"It sounds too good to be true, it's like your offering paradise, are you sure you're not asking for any fee or anything in return?" Chikusa looks at me with absolute skepticism "What about Mukuro?"

"Of course, there's going to be a small fee, you guys will need to share house chores, grocery shopping and running few errands for me, but nothing life threatening." I answer the glasses boy "As for Mukuro, its slightly different from all of your cases, he broke the law and many would deem him as dangerous to be released."

"Then is he going to stay in that prison for a long time?" Chrome asks me, a bit sad hearing the news.

"Well, he's certainly going to stay in the prison for quite some time but the moment his documents are approved that he is under my property is finished, he'll be free." I assure Chrome, causing her legs to give out on her due to the tension she's been holding "Also I won't treat you like objects, I don't really like to boss around people since I know all of you can take care of yourselves."

"Thank goodness, Mukuro-sama's going to be free, Thank goodness" The girl was literally crying in tears, happy to hear the wonderful news. The two seem to be emotional but they were able to control it better.

I walked to the three teen, and patted them in the head despite of our height difference. I gave them a warm smile, part of their humanity has been returned to them. I can feel that the two was blushing a bit, embarrassed to be petted in the head. They didn't seem to complain so I kept going. Oh boy, Hari won't like this when I come back, I'll probably going to get a good hour of scolding for this. But I'm glad that I slightly interfered with the plot, or perhaps I already did. Well, not that it matters now. What's done is done, no more going back.

"Let's go home to Japan."

________
My head is hurting like a betxch😖

buut I think I'll be a to post another one in few hours.

Don't forget to

VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!

-Neku-