9. Eighth grade

9. Eighth Grade

Waking up in the morning is one of my greatest nemesis!

I groaned at the alarm of my clock, it rang earlier than usual. I sat up my comfortable bed, and sleepily went to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked at the mirror to see my hair in horrendous form, and I almost scared myself just looking at my hair.

I ate breakfast made by Hari, as she's already up and finished making lunch for both of us, the house was still clean so there weren't much for us to clean. I gulped down the food she made and went back to the washroom.

I stretch for a few minutes, took a brisk shower, brushed my teeth and wore my uniform. I yawned while walking toward the bus stop, which was about 15 minute ride. I was skimming through the schedule for the day, as well as my job as the student president. I had to go early since I need to make a welcoming speech after the valedictorian's speech as this year's school prez. After that, the volunteers and myself will give our assigned group a tour.

Nineth grade already huh?

It was still a bit dark out when I saw teachers and few volunteers preparing for chairs and putting them in for eighth graders for the opening graduation. I didn't help out at all and took a short nap, somewhere under a cherry blossom.

My short nap didn't last for barely less half an hour, as Iru-sensei woke me up and told me that it already started. I pinned my student president armband on my left sleeve, my hair was slightly messy but it was fixable.

The moment I entered the gym, I was already able to distinct Tsuna and Yamato from afar, Kyoya was leaning at one of the wall. Our eyes met for a second but I broke out of it and confidently went to my seat, just behind the stage, pretending that I don't know him. The principal's speech already ended by the time I entered and students starts whispering the moment I entered. As if the souless tone of the gym turned into excitement.

The eighth grader valedictorian started their speech, which turned out to be stiff and typical speech. I guess that only proves that they're eighth grader, it was a painfully long one, but when it finished, the student's excitement seem to died. I sighed and stood up, since I have to do my speech next.

"Um, hello Namimori's eight graders!" I took the microphone and wave at the students "I am Elliot Echo, I will be your president for this year. I'll keep my speech short since I didn't prepare one and all of you looks like your dying to get out of that chair."

I was glad to hear most of the student smiles at the news of my short speech and understanding their pain.

"Let's see, I won't repeat the same thing as what you all heard so far" I sat at the very front of the stage, where everyone can see me "I'm guessing many of you are nervous, excited or even both. But always remember that one day, school will only be an experience or a memory, I suggest that everyone should find someone who you know will always be there for you, create that unshakable bond because the moment you find that person or group, it will last you for a lifetime. As they will help you define who you are as a person and help you in their darkest. This is everyone's eighth year! Live and rule your life since you only have one! Thank you for listening and everyone may go to their assigned group, and my group, which is group 1, will stay here"

____
____

My group consisted about fifteen people, which included two of the future Vongola members, as well as the girls. I gave a warm smile to my group as some nervously looks at me while others looks at me with admiration. I quickly introduced myself and made them do a small ice breakers, to ease them out a bit, it seems that it wasn't working out for Tsuna as he's even more nervous. I decided to leave my group for a moment and confront Tsuna.

"Are you alright, Sawada-san?" I asks, watching him sweat a lot from nervousness.

"E-echo-senpai! I'm sorry for the trouble, it's just that I'm really nervous!" Tsuna answers me, as I patted his head, causing him to flinch.

"Ah, I'm sorry if I surprised you! It's just that my friend do it to me when I feel nervous, and it turn out it became my habit when I confront people in distress" I quickly remove my hand away from his head "Everyone gets nervous, Sawada-san, don't hesitate to come talk to me, okay?"

"Okay, thank you for helping me feel a bit better, senpai!" Tsuna thanks me and we returned to my group.

"No problem! That's my job as the council president after all." I patted Tsuna again, and started the tour.

Every student was really polite and obedient, since I probably gave them freedom to explore whenever they want to, but all of them stayed with me. I was chatting and laughing with everyone, surprising myself that I got along with them. After the first half of the tour, I notice the increase in students in my group, but I didn't mind as I joked around until the tour is finished

"That concludes my tour of the day, thanks for sticking around and don't hesitate to talk to me when you see me" I announces, while students boo and it seems that they didn't want to end it yet "Once again, I'm Elliot Echo, your student president for this year and I'm looking forward getting along with everyone!"

Freshmen immediately scattered and went to see the student board to check their classroom, and went in groups. It seems that everything went smoothly, I should go back help cleaning up the gym, so I turn around and unfortunately bumped to someone by accident.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize that you were standing there!" I quickly apologize to see, the one person I didn't want to see. Kyoya Hibari. He only stared at me for a good minute until unleashes a sigh.

"Careful where you going, next time I see you, I'll bite you to death, Herbivore."

_______

Don't forget to

VOTE! COMMENT AND ENJOY!

-Neku-