104. Return to the past

Chapter 104: Return to the past

Elias Lin

It's a bright but breezy morning, but the cold wind didn't seem affect anyone. I look around to see everyone's cheery expression, glad that they will finally return to their timeline. I watch Tsuna's group bid goodbyes to their box animal at the sidelines, caressing my ring to silently calm myself.

"What's wrong? you've been copping yourself in the office the whole day for few days and now your oddly quiet since yesterday." Fon asks, jumping into my shoulders, noticing my odd behavior.

"It's nothing... just a bit nervous going back." I answer, it wasn't exactly a lie or a truth. Fon notices my action but decided not to push any more question and hum.

"Oh? It quite surprising for someone like you to care for someone." Reborn butts in to our conversation.

"I thought I mentioned this but Fon-nii is my Tutor when I was a kid." I chuckle, sharing warm smiles at one another "it was my hellish childhood!"

"Eeehhh!? That baby is your Tutor too?!" Tsuna seem to overheard our conversation, causing for him to yell, everyone's eyes are on us.

"Yeah, but I stopped tutoring her when she turned five since I believe she's already a splendid fighter, even as an assassin if I may add." Fon boasts, proud that I am his disciple.

"W-wait! How were you able to teach her when she was just five?! How are you still alive?!" Tsuna asks, bewildered at this situation

"Some things are better when they're kept in the dark" I answer, looking over to Reborn who lowers his head a bit, causing for his fedora hat to hide his face "but I believe your own tutor will tell you one day."

"Hoh... That explains the calm demeanor Elias has in battlefield as well as superior skills when it comes to martial arts." Rerborn comments, adding a bit of insult in it "though, I can't say much when it comes to her shooting skills..."

"Geh... and here I thought I would be able to get away without being insulted at all..." a sigh escapes my lips.

Ipin then stares at me and Fon, as the female kid look at me in a brand new light, perhaps she just discovered the reason I'm nicer to her is that because were both Fon's disciples.

"I-pin didn't expect to meet Master's disciple!" Ipin struggles to speak in our mother tongue but she's still trying "this disciple is glad to learn that I have a senior!"

Ipin bows her head, while Elias smiles at Ipin while copying her. Symbolizing a respect between one another, recognizing that they are worthy of Fon to be their master.

______________

______________

"Is everyone ready?"

Irie asks everyone, Tsunayoshi nods while everyone follows his actions. Everyone had their heartfelt goodbyes, in those hours, Verde, the thunder arcobaleno was able to create a machince that could turn the weapon box to a ring for a temporary amount of time. Taking their boxes with them, while I decided to leave mine. Irie took a nervous gulp, as he starts to fiddle with the time-wrap machine.

Everyone quickly starts to gather, as I follow them and stood behind them. Irie nervously stares at me but decided not to say anything that would alert Tsunayoshi's group, Fon seem to already to noticed my plans while Reborn looks like he felt like there was something up but he wasn't sure what.

"Thank you everything! And Goodbye." Irie thanks the Vongola, sharing a simple yet heartfelt goodbye.

A bright light quickly the Vongola but I stepped back and took the chance to run away while everyone's too focused on Vongola's departure. I took the hidden passage that Irie gave me and decided to take that path and leads me just outskirts of Namimori forest.

A breeze of fresh air softly passes by, I look at the wristwatch that Irie gave me, which served both as a timer and a communication device. I quickly head towards my old house, without being noticed by anyone. I arrived in my house in an hour, exhaustion came over me and I'm currently out of breath. I took few minutes to catch my breath and examine the exterior of my house, it looked almost haunted due to how broken and messy it was. I enter inside to discover the interior is even worst than the exterior of this house.

It looks like it was about to fall apart anytime, rubble was almost everywhere, making it difficult to walk. I did not waste any time to go to the hidden basement to which my surprise, it was still intact and clean and more room seem to be added inside. I look around inside the basement, to see a locked room, I took out a key that was provided by the diary before I burnt it's context and unlocks the hidden room.

The moment I use the key, it's form suddenly melted and losing it's form, turning to a black slime. Inside the room there was dozens of bookshelves that contains several important books place in there, some may even be considered as forbidden.

At the center of the secret library was a book placed, a huge drawn circle is drawn on the ground, with a memo that my future self had made for me beforehand. I walked closer to read what my future self has written for me;

To my younger self,

If you are here, then it seems that you are determined to do the inheritance battle and you manage to defeat my husband, Byakuran.

The thought of Byakuran dying saddens me as part of me has come to like him, perhaps you can even call it as love, part of me wanted to change his fate but it seems that the world has been set for him to die. To tell you the truth, the Vongola had kidnapped me on the day of our wedding, claiming that it was to save me from a monster like him. But you see,

I didn't want to be saved...

Perhaps he is ruthless, a monster, a killer, but even monsters can learn to love as well, the thought of his death saddens me but the world will continue to move, so I decided to move forward with it...

I will not resent the fact that I legally married a monster, since I am a monster myself. I always ran away when ever there's conflict that was beyond my control, maybe if I wasn't such a coward by running away with the Vongola then maybe my future would have been so different....

Now that you've come so far my younger self, I can only help you this much, only I can use the key... you're quite fortunate that I'm leaving you an important information. Since the Lin family is quite a complicated household more than I imagine, and I had to learn the hard way...

The books laid out in here is to assure your participation as an official candidate to tryout as an heir. But that doesn't mean I have assured your position the the head, you need to earn the title yourself.

Some of the information in this book contains Lin family history and few forbidden spells that I think may come in handy...

I've done the best I can to help you, Your future is in your hands now, Elias...

Best Regards,

Elias Gesso.

________________________

Neku