give me another chance

I woke up with a pounding headache and no memory of what the hell happened last night. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through it. That's when I saw that I drunk texted Colby.

"Fuck!"

I yelled as I read it. I didn't want to see Colby let alone go on a date with him. I threw my phone to the side and got out of bed. I didn't even want to message him and deal with him.

I walked into my room and quickly put on some shorts and a sports bra. I might as well go to the performance center while I'm suspended. I grabbed my gym bag and walked out the door.

+

"Hey Pammy."

Kevin said as I walked into the performance center.

"Hey Steel. How's it going?"

I asked.

"I'm okay but your ex is looking for you."

Kevin said as I rolled my eyes. I turned to walk away but bumped into someone and fell to the ground. I looked up to see Colby looking down at me.

"Here, let me help you up."

Colby said as he grabbed my hand and helped me off the ground. I turned to walk away but Colby kept ahold of my hand.

"Pam, talk to me."

Colby said.

"I have nothing to say to you Colby. You hurt me. I loved you Colby!"

"And I love you too baby."

Colby said as he put his hand on my cheek.

"Just let me take you to dinner tonight. I'll show you that I'm sorry."

Colby said. I glared at him as I sucked my teeth. I guess it really couldn't hurt.

"Fine. But you better not screw it up. I'll see you at 8."

I said as I walked to the locker room.

+

I finished curling my hair as a knock came from the door. I took a deep breath as I unplugged my curling wand and walked to the door. I smiled as I opened the door and saw Colby standing in front of me with flowers in his arms.

"Woah."

Was the only thing he said as he looked me up and down.

"Are those for me?"

I asked as I pointed to the flowers.

"Um, yeah. Wow you look...wow."

Colby said as he handed me the flowers. I smiled as I placed them on my kitchen island and went back to the door.

"Let's go."

I said as I walked out of my apartment and with him to his car.

+

"Thank you so much for this amazing dinner. I really did enjoy this."

I said as Colby paid the bill.

"No problem. So, do I get that second chance?"

He asked as we walked out of the restaurant. I took a deep breath as I looked up at him. Everyone does deserve another shot. Besides, it's not like I have feelings for anyone else.

"Yes. You get a second chance."

I said with a smile. Colby wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. Hopefully he doesn't blow it this time.