the real parent

Leah's POV

"Aunt Leah!"

Brinley said with a smile as I picked her up and placed her on my lap. Mercades brought the kids in to see Pam even though she hasn't woken up.

"Have you been good for Aunt Mercy?"

I asked Brinley.

"Yes Aunt Leah! Aunt Mercy plays with me and she made me pancakes this morning. More then my Daddy has."

Brinley said as she frowned.

"Brinley, are you okay?"

Mercades asked her.

"Yeah. It's just...sometimes I hear Mama crying about Daddy. I hear her cry about Kieran and I and about how Daddy left us and how she misses him and loves him. Daddy is barley around anymore. Why?"

Brinley asked as she looked up at me. I exchanged looks with Mercades and sighed.

"Daddy loves you guys. I promise. He's just busy with being on the road."

Mercades said as she gave Brinley a weak smile.

"Then why does Mana cry about him?"

"That's something you'll figure out when you're older. Until then, why don't you go give your Mama a hug?"

Mercades said. Brinley nodded as she crawled onto the bed and gave Pam's body a hug.

"She loves you Brinley. Your Daddy night not be here but your Mommy will always be here.@

I said as I smiled.

"I know. I love my Mommy."

Brinley said as she cuddled into Pam's arm.

"I gotta show you something."

Mercades said as she pulled some papers out of Kieran's baby bag and handed them to me. I smiled as I read them over.

"So Cathy dropped the charges?"

"Yep. Pam is all good to have the kids once she wakes up."

Mercades said. Finally, all is right in the world.