reunited but with a catch

Fergal's POV

"Good morning baby girl."

I said with a smile as I picked up Brinley. I set up a crib for her in my room and bought her a couple outfits really fast once I got custody of her.

"You ready to see Mommy?"

I asked Brinley as she looked at me. I was still a bit skeptical about letting Pam see Brinley. I mean, what if she really did mean to hurt Brin? I wanna believe she wouldn't do that but who knows? I changed Brinley into a onesie and tucked her into her car seat with her bear next to her.

"Let's go baby girl."

I said as I grabbed my keys and the car seat and headed out to the car.

Pam's POV

"Where the hell are you taking me?"

I asked Colby as he kept leading me with my eyes covered.

"Just keep going and you'll see."

"I don't wanna see! I wanna go back to the couch."

I whined.

"You won't want to once you see this. Surprise!"

Colby said as he moved his hands away from my eyes. My jaw dropped as I saw Fergal standing there with Brinley in his arms.

"Brinley! My baby girl!"

I said as I took her from Fergal. I smiled as she looked up at me and started kicking around.

"I've missed you so much princess. Mommy is so, so sorry you got hurt. I would never do it on purpose. I love you so much."

I said as I kissed her cheek.

"Do you mind giving me some of her outfits while I'm here? I only have a couple for her."

Fergal said.

"Yeah. Colby, can you run and grab some of her clothes?"

I asked him. He ran up to the apartment as I looked back at my baby girl.

"Mommy loves you so much. Please know that and never forget it."

I said as tears fell down my face.

"She knows. I guarantee it."

Fergal said as I smiled.

"Thank you for this. I needed it."

I said as I hugged him.

"Of course."

He said. After Colby came back with Brinley's clothes, Fergal started packing her up.

"I love you baby girl. I always will."

I said as I kissed her cheek.

"Thanks again."

I said to Fergal.

"No problem."

He said as he got in the car and drove away. I turned to Colby and kissed him.

"Thank you for that too. I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's go inside."

Colby said as we walked back up to the apartment.

+

I sighed as I heard a knock at the front door.

"I'll pause the movie."

Colby said as I walked to the door. When I opened the door, I saw a police officer standing there.

"Can I help you?"

I asked him.

"Are you Pamela Martinez?"

"Yes."

"You're under arrest for violating your custody agreement."

He said as he started handcuffing me and reading my rights. Fergal had to be behind this.

"Baby, what's going on?"

Colby asked as he came to the door.

"Fergal called the cops on me."

I said with tears in my eyes. The cops started escorting me out as I cried.

"I'm right behind you babe. Don't worry."

Colby said as they put me in the cop car. I thought Fergal was doing something nice for me but it's clear that he had ulterior motives.