let go

1 Week Later

"Thank you for everything Mercades. I wouldn't have been able to do this without you."

I said as I hugged Mercades. I have everything packed up and ready to go to San Jose.

"Of course. I'm gonna miss you two but I just want you two to be happy."

Mercades said. I put Kaileah in her car seat and walked out the door until I noticed someone pulling into the driveway.

"Damn it."

I said as Fergal got out of his car.

"What do you want?"

I asked Fergal as I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"I came to see my daughter. She's my daughter too Pamela."

"She's your daughter too? You never wanted her. You've been denying her for months. I thought she wasn't your daughter, Fergal."

"Well she is. And I have every right to be in her life."

"Fergal, did you ever really want Kaileah? Like seriously. You've been telling me for months that she's not yours and now all of sudden you want to be father of the year. So tell me...when we decided to keep her, did you want another baby?"

"Honestly, no. I never wanted Kaileah. I just thought that she would make you happy."

Fergal said as tears fell down my face.

"That's what I thought. You never loved or wanted her. Please just leave us alone."

I said as I got in my car and drove away. I wish my suspensions about him were incorrect but...they weren't. He doesn't love or care about Kaileah in the slightest.