struggling

"C'mon sweetheart, please eat. Daddy said chicken tenders are your favorite!"

I said as I tried to feed Kaileah.

"No! I want my Momma!"

Kaileah said as she hit the plate off of her high chair. It's been like this all day. I tried to play with Kai and she threw toys at me. I tried to watch a movie with her and she threw a fit. I never had these problems with Brinley or Kieran. Maybe because they actually knew I was their Mom. I held my tears back as I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Morning beautiful."

Colby said as he kissed my cheek. That's when he noticed the tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

Colby asked me.

"Kai hates me. I can't even get her to eat her dinner."

I sniffled.

"Let me try."

Colby said as he took the fork out of my hand. He grabbed a piece of chicken from the plate and Kai instantly opened her mouth. But when I tried it, she just threw a fit. I rested my head on my hand as I watched Colby feed Kai.

Once Kai was bathed and put to sleep by Colby, he joined me in the bedroom.

"What's wrong?"

Colby asked as he sat next me.

"She hates me. She doesn't even know I'm her Mom. Gosh Colby, what do I have to live for if my own daughter hates me?"

I sobbed.

"Pam, you have so much to live for. Don't give up now. I'm not gonna let you relapse into that dark place again."

"It's just so hard to stay sane when Fergal comes back into the picture. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for visitation. She would've been so much happier with just knowing Danielle as her mom."

I said as I started pacing back and forth.

"She's gonna warm up to you. I promise. Just give her some time, okay?"

"Okay."

I said as I hugged him.

"Thank you. I love you."

I said as I kissed him.

"I love you too. Now let's go to bed."

Colby said before we crawled into bed and fell asleep.