come back to bite you

"How's your arm feeling princess?"

I asked Brinley as I cut up her food.

"It still hurts Mama."

Brinley said as she rubbed it.

"I know. After you eat I'll get you some medicine."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. I turned to check on Kieran when a knock came from the door. I opened the door to see two police officers on my doorstep.

"Um, can I help you?"

I asked them.

"Are you Pamela Martinez?"

"Yeah."

"Can you step outside please?"

One of the officers asked. Once I stepped outside, he started handcuffing me.

"What's going on?"

I asked.

"You're being arrested for assault of Ms. Cathy Kelley."

"But what about my kids? They're in the house and they're only one and 2 weeks old!"

"I'll take them to the station until they find a home for them."

The other officer said as tears fell down my face. Of course Cathy was behind this. And I wouldn't even be shocked if Fergal was behind this either.

+ | Fergal's POV

Cathy and I rushed into the police station after we got the call that Pam was arrested.

"Um, I'm Fergal Devitt. My kids are here. Kieran and Brinley."

I told the secretary. She went off to get someone and soon an officer returned.

"Are you Fergal Devitt?"

The officer asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, you can take the kids but we should tell you that Pamela also filed charges on Cathy for Brinley's broken arm. If you take these kids, Cathy isn't allowed to be around them."

The officer explained. I took a deep breath as Cathy and I exchanged looks.

"I can't take them in. I don't have the room."

I explained to the officer.

"Okay, is there someone who can?"

"Um, Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado. She's used to having the kids and she'll take great care of them."

"Okay, we'll call her. You two are free to go."

The officer said. I nodded as Cathy and I walked out of the police station and headed home.