so very lonely

1 Month Later

"Let's get you ready for bed, baby girl."

I said as I picked Brinley up and carried her to the bedroom. It's been a month since Kieran died and I'm slowly getting over it.

Fergal and I decided to be together and give Brinley the family she deserves. Fergal started going back on the road and it's always just lonely when he's gone.

I got Brinley dressed and put to bed and headed to my bedroom. I sighed as I sat down on the bed. Right about now I'd be putting Kieran to bed. I'd be getting a bottle ready for him and grabbing his teddy bear and he'd be asleep in a few minutes.

Fergal and I just don't have the heart to take his room down. It's still Kieran's room. We don't want to erase his memory.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Fergal's number.

"Hey baby. What's up?"

Fergal asked as he answered.

"Nothing. Just lonely. How's the road?"

"Good. Should be home tomorrow."

Fergal said. I sniffled a bit as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Pam, you need to keep your mind off of Kieran."

"It's just so hard. I pass his room all the time."

"So let's take it down."

"No! It's...calming. Reminds me of my baby boy. I'll get over it. I just miss you. Promise you'll be home tomorrow?"

"I promise. I'll be home as soon as possible to see you and Brinley. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

I said as I hung up. It's gonna be hard but I need to get over Kieran. It's just gonna take a long time.