missing piece

"You ready for bed, little one?"

I asked Brinley as I finished changing her into pajamas.

"Mumma."

She cooed.

"I love you baby. Did you have a good birthday?"

"Yes Mumma."

She said as I smiled. We walked into her bedroom and she picked out a book from the shelf. I started reading the book but Brinley stopped me halfway through.

"Dada!"

She yelled as she pointed to the father bear in the book.

"That's right Brin. That's Daddy Bear."

"No! Dada! Dada!"

She yelled as she started crying. It broke my heart to hear her like this. She missed Fergal so much and he didn't even have the decency to stop by for her birthday.

"Shhh, it's okay princess. I know you miss Dada but I promise that he loves you baby girl."

I said as I pushed back a piece of her brown hair from in front of her face.

"Dada."

She said before she nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck. I sighed as I rubbed her back and rocked her back and forth slightly. Once she fell asleep, I placed her in her bed and walked out of the room.

"What the hell am I gonna do."

I whispered to myself as I ran my hand through my hair. I could call Fergal and ask him to come visit Brinley but he has his head so far up Cathy's ass that I doubt it would happen. I just want to help Brinley feel better but I just couldn't think of a way to do it without drama or fighting.