take her away

"You ready to go home?"

I asked Kieran as I put him into his car seat. I smiled as Kieran looked up at me with his big blue eyes. Leah took Brinley for a few days until I get Kieran settled in at home and get him on a routine.

"You ready?"

Mercades asked as she walked into the room.

"Yep."

I said with a smile as I grabbed Kieran's car seat and baby bag and headed for the car.

+

"Shh, c'mon Kieran. Go back to sleep baby."

I said as I rocked Kieran back and forth. Kieran is nothing like Brinley was as a baby. Brinley is a heavy sleeper and really quiet but Kieran woke up at any little sound he heard. This time I was putting clothes away and a hanger fell from his closet and he woke up.

I took a deep breath as I ran my hand through my hair. Then I thought of something my Mom use to do with my little brother when he wouldn't stop crying.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away."

I sang as Kieran finally stopped crying and fell asleep. I placed him in his crib as my phone rang.

"Damnit!"

I exclaimed as Kieran started crying again.

"What do you want?"

I asked Fergal as I answered my phone and picked Kieran up.

"Can I come see Brinley today before I go on the road tomorrow?"

"I don't have her right now."

"What do you mean you don't have her right now?"

Fergal snapped at me.

"Leah is watching her so I can have some time with just Kieran and I."

"Wow. I'm going to get Brinley and taking her to my place. You're something else."

Fergal said as he hung up. I groaned as I let my phone fall to the ground.

"And this is the reason your Daddy won't be meeting you. And now I have to call the police since I have no idea where my Daughter is going."

I groaned as I looked down at Kieran. I can't believe Fergal is all upset because Leah is watching Brinley. Well he's gonna regret that he pulled this shit. Trust me.