the broken truth

2 Weeks Later

I smiled as I walked through the grocery store, making silly faces at Kieran. I got released from the hospital a few days ago and I'm so happy to have my kids back with me.

"You're so silly baby boy!"

I said as Kieran giggled at me. I smiled as I looked at Brinley who is sitting in the cart, playing on my phone. I continued walking and looking at Kieran until I heard my cart bump into something.

"Oh my god I'm-"

I stopped my sentence once I saw who was in front of me.

"Not sorry."

I said as I looked at Fergal and Cathy. I rolled my eyes as I turned my cart around and started walking away.

"Yep, go on! Take your lying little brats you call kids back to that shack you call a home!"

I heard Cathy call. I stopped dead in my tracks as my blood boiled. How dare she talk about my kids like that.

"You dumb little bitch!"

I yelled as I grabbed the bottom of her shirt. But once I grabbed it, I heard something unsnap. I looked down to see a padding in my hands.

"Oh my god."

I said as I looked up at Fergal and Cathy.

"You chose Cathy and a fake kid over your real kids and I?! You probably knew about this too!"

I yelled at Fergal.

"Pam I-"

"Save it. Congrats Daddy. I hope you're happy with your fake baby."

I said as I threw the padding at him and walked away.