custody

3 Months Later | Mercades' POV

I took a deep breath as I paced back and forth outside of the courthouse. I have a great case against Fergal and I'm going to get Kaileah. I'm gonna give her the life she deserves.

I made Kaileah a room in my house with all the toys and clothes she could ever want. At least she already knows me as Aunt Mercy so at least I'm not a stranger to her.

Pam is sadly still in a coma. Fergal did come visit her the first two weeks but after that...he stopped. Maybe it's because he's engaged to Danielle now. Maybe it's because he never truly loved Pam.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the court room. Here goes nothing.

+

"Hello princess!"

I said as I picked Kaileah up.

"Hi Aunt Mercy! I can't wait to stay at your house!"

Kai said as I smiled. I did it. I got custody of Kaileah. Fergal never truly appreciated this little girl. But now she's going to be at a place where she's loved. She's also going to finally know who her Mom is.

"Can I show you something real quick?"

I asked Kai as I placed her in her car seat.

"Sure."

She said with a smile. I pulled up a picture of Pam right after she gave birth to Kaileah. She had pure joy on her face. She...she loved this little girl. Fergal didn't. He wasn't even there when she came into this world.

"Do you know who that is?"

I asked as I pointed to the baby in the picture.

"Who?"

Kaileah asked.

"That's you. And that is your Mommy. Danielle  is not your Mommy. But your Mommy was sick and that's why you had to live with your Daddy. But your Mommy loves you so, so much. I promise."

"Can we go visit her?"

"Tomorrow. We'll visit her tomorrow."

I said as I kissed Kai's temple, got in the driver side, and drove towards my house.