single mom

"Hey there Mama Bear."

Mercades said as I walked into to the kitchen.

"Hey."

I yawned as I sat down at the island.

"You excited to see your little baby?"

Mercades asked.

"I don't know. I wish Fergal was coming. We were both so excited to find out the gender. It just sucks doing it all alone."

"Why don't you call him and see if he wants to come? Maybe he'll pull his head out of his ass and come."

Mercades said as I sighed. It couldn't hurt, right? I grabbed my phone and dialed Fergal's number.

"Pam, we're done. Why are you calling me?"

Fergal asked as he picked up.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to come to my doctor's appointment and find out the gender with me."

"This baby isn't mine. I don't want to go to the appointment with you. Lose my number."

Fergal said as he hung up. Tears fell down my face as I looked at Mercades.

"Don't cry about him. He's worthless and a deadbeat. You're gonna be an amazing mom. Fuck him!"

Mercades said as I nodded.

"Will you go to my appointment with me?"

I asked her.

"Of course. I can't wait to see my niece or nephew that I'm gonna spoil!"

Mercades said as I smiled.

+

"I'm kinda nervous to see the baby."

I said as I placed my hand on my tiny bump.

"Why?"

Mercades asked.

"I don't know. It's just scary to bring another baby into the world after what happened to Brinley and Kieran."

I said as I took a deep breath.

"You guys are gonna be okay. Trust me."

Mercades said as I smiled. That's when the doctor came into the room. She placed some gel on my stomach and started moving the Doppler around. I smiled as the baby showed up on the screen.

"Would you like to know the gender?"

The doctor asked.

"Yes please,"

I said.

"Looks like a little girl."

The Doctor said as I smiled.

"Mommy's little princess. I can't wait to meet you little one."

I said as I looked at my little girl on the screen. At least I had some good going for me.