all my fault

Fergal's POV

I looked into Kieran's nursery as I sighed. For the last few days, Pam would just sit in there and cry. It broke my heart. I just wanted to help her through this but...how do you help someone after their baby just died?

Brinley is really upset about it too. She's just a little girl. She doesn't understand why her baby brother went away all of a sudden.

"Pam?"

I asked as I knocked on the door. She's sitting on the rocking chair with her knees pulled up to her chest and Kieran's teddy bear close to her chest. She barley even looked at me when I walked into the room.

"Do you wanna come downstairs and get a bite to eat or play with Brinley?"

I asked her. She shook her head as I sighed.

"It's my fault."

I heard her whisper.

"What do you mean?"

I asked her.

"I was sleeping in the next room. I was right there. I was the last person he saw before he went to bed that night. Why couldn't I save him from her?"

Pam said as she broke down into tears.

"Pam, don't cry. You couldn't have stopped Cathy. You were asleep. Kieran's death was not your fault."

I said as I wiped her tears away. Soon enough my own tears started falling down my face and I wrapped Pam up into my arms.

"We're gonna get through this together. As a family. It is neither of our faults. I promise you."

I said as I kissed Pam's temple. All I want is to be here for her and Brinley and help Pam through this hard time.