welcome baby girl

"I can't believe we're going to be parents."

I said as I stared down at the onesie in my hands. Even though I'm in labor...it still seems unreal.

"Me either, love."

Fergal said as he continued unpacking my hospital bag. I looked up from the onesie to his face with tears in my eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

He asked as he rubbed my back.

"I'm gonna be a mom. I'm really going to be a mom. It's so scary and exciting at the same time."

I said with a smile.

"I know the feeling. But I just can't wait to meet her. She's going to be absolutely perfect."

Fergal said as he kissed the top of my head. I started folding Brinley's onesie back up as I heard Fergal start talking.

"There's my favorite mom-to-be."

Fergal said as he pointed his phone at me.

"What are you doing?"

I said with a laugh.

"Making a little video for Brin to show her when she's older. Besides, I need something to send to our friends and post to say that our little princess is going to be here soon."

Fergal said as he rubbed my bump.

"Well whenever she would like to come, we're ready."

I said with a smile.

"Are you in a lot of pain?"

"Not yet. Just anxiety. Get here soon Brin!! We wanna meet you already."

I whined as I smiled.

"Brinley Mae Devitt. I still love her name. And we're going to love through everything."

Fergal said. He turned the video off and posted it real quick then turned his attention back to me.

"Why don't you try and get some sleep? You're gonna need all the energy you can get."

Fergal said as I nodded.

"Can you lay with me?"

I asked him.

"Of course."

He said as he crawled into bed next to me.

+

"Holy shit this hurts."

I said as I squeezed Fergal's hand as hard as I could.

"Just take a deep breath and calm down."

Fergal said as he rubbed my lower back with his free hand. It's already been 6 Hours and I was only at 5 centimeters. The doctors are worried that Brin might be too big and I might have to have a c-section.

"Fergie?"

I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to have a c-section."

I said as tears fell down my face.

"It'll be okay. Calm down and don't focus on that."

Fergal said as I nodded. That's when a knock came from the door.

"Hey Mercy."

I said as she poked her head in the door.

"Hey Mama. How are you doing?"

She asked as she came into the room.

"It hurts like a bitch. She said that I might have to have a c-section cause she's so big."

"Ouch. I mean if she's really that big then you wouldn't have to push her out."

"But maybe I wanted to push. I wanted that experience in case we ever had another kid again."

I said as I sighed.

+

"You scared?"

I asked Fergal as I looked at him. I'm finally at 9 centimeters so Brinley is bound to come in an hour or two.

"A bit. You?"

"Yeah. Terrified. At least I won't have to have a c-section."

I said as another contraction came.

"I just want her out."

I whined as a knock came from the door. The doctor came in and examined me.

"Okay, you're at 10 centimeters."

The doctor said. I grabbed onto Fergal's hand as I took a deep breath. I pushed for 15 Minutes before feeling like giving up.

"She's almost here baby. I promise. Just another push or two."

Fergal said as he rubbed my leg.

"I don't think I can do it anymore."

I said as another contraction ended.

"Yes you can! You've been in labor for 14 Hours! You can do this. C'mon, one more big push."

Fergal said as I began pushing again.

"...eight, nine, ten! She's here."

Fergal said with a smile. I heard crying surround the room as they placed Brinley on my chest.

"Oh my gosh. Hi baby girl."

I said as tears fell down my face. She was like a mini me.

"I love you so much Brinley Mae. More than you could ever know."

I said as I kissed her forehead.

"She's so beautiful. Daddy's little princess."

Fergal said as tears fell down his face too. I smiled as we watched Brinley open her eyes.

"She's got your eyes. She's so perfect. I love her so much."

I said to Fergal as he kissed the top of my head.

"My princesses. I love you two so much. Thank you for this gift Pam. I love you."

"I love you too."

I said as I kissed him. Finally our little family is all together.