home sweet home

I turned the car off I took a deep breath. Brinley and I are finally in San Jose and ready to start this next chapter. I turned around to see Brinley smiling at me.

"You ready to see Grandma, baby?"

I asked her as she giggled and threw her teddy bear around.

"Let's go."

I said as I got out of the car. I grabbed Brinley's car seat and our suitcase and headed to the door.

"Hello Pamela."

My Mom said with a smile as she hugged me.

"Hey."

I said as we walked into the house. Once we got inside, I took Brinley from her car seat and grabbed some of her baby food and went to feed her.

"So, how are you two holding up?"

My Mom asked me.

"Brinley is her normal happy self. I'm...I'm okay I guess. Still kinda shook up and heartbroken. I thought Fergal was different then Colby. I mean, we were so happy. That's why we planned on having this second baby. I don't know where along the way Fergal became unhappy in our relationship."

I said with a sigh.

"Well, at least your home now. I told your brother and sister that you and Brinley were moving to San Jose so they're coming over tomorrow. I got your old crib put together for Brinley too."

"Thanks Mom. We'll be out of your hair soon."

"Don't worry about it Pamela. As long as you, Brinley, and that little baby have a nice place to stay, that's all that matters to me."

My Mom said as I hugged. I think San Jose is going to be so much better for Brinley and I. We're truly going to be so much happier.