you can't just show up

"C'mon Brin. Please just go down for Mommy."

I whined as I continued rocking Brinley back and forth. Brinley hates going down early at night but I'm exhausted and need her to go down an hour earlier so I can sleep too.

"Pamela! You have a visitor at the door."

I heard my Mom call. I laid a screaming Brinley down in her crib and walked to the door.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked Fergal as I walked to the door. I didn't even want to see him right now.

"I told you I wanted to come see Brinley for the weekend."

Fergal said as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Well, maybe you can get her to go to sleep. She's screaming her head off in here."

I said as I let him into the house. I lead him into my room where Brinley was still screaming in her crib. I sat on the bed as I watched Fergal pick Brinley up. Brinley kicked her feet around as Fergal started rocking her back and forth.

"Shh, it's okay baby girl. Daddy is here."

Fergal said. Brinley stopped crying and looked up at Fergal's face. She then started to grab at his nose and giggled.

"I've missed you baby girl! Yes I have!"

Fergal said as he made her giggle harder.

"Okay, I asked you to put her to sleep. Not wind her up."

I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay. Chill."

"Well I'm fucking exhausted Fergal!"

I snapped at him.

"This pregnancy and taking care of Brinley by myself is taking everything out of me so don't fucking tell me to chill."

I yelled. I sighed as Fergal placed Brinley down in her crib.

"You're not gonna put her to sleep?"

I asked him as I raised an eyebrow.

"No."

"Whatever. Show yourself out."

I said as I laid Brinley down and tucked her into bed. I turned around and noticed Fergal left. Not that that's anything new nowadays.