lost

I woke up to hear something shatter in the house. I got up out of bed and raced down the hall to check on the kids. I went to Brinley's room first and found her sound asleep.

I walked into Kieran's room and found polaroid pictures all over the floor. I stepped over then and looked into Kieran's crib. But he wasn't in there.

"Oh my god."

I said as tears fell down my face. I picked up one of the pictures from the ground and noticed that they are pictures of Fergal, the kids, and I at the park. I flipped one of the pictures over and read the back of it.

You took something of mine. So I took something of yours. Give me what is mine back and you MIGHT get yours back in one piece.

My heart shattered. I grabbed my phone and called the police. After I was done reporting Kieran missing, I called Fergal.

"Pam? Is everything alright? It's 3am."

Fergal said groggily.

"Fergal, Kieran is missing. I called the police but there's picture scattered around his room of us at the park. I'm terrified. Can you please come here?"

I sobbed.

"Calm down. I'm on my way over. Just keep an eye on Brinley and I'll be there in 5 Minutes."

Fergal said before he hung up. I walked into Brinley's room and picked her up and walked into my room and placed her onto the bed.

+

I wiped my tears as Fergal walked back up the stairs after showing the detective the door. They took all the pictures to investigate the handwriting.

"Okay, I'm gonna get going for the night."

Fergal said.

"Wait. Can you stay here with us tonight? I don't want to be alone."

I said to him.

"Of course."

"Thanks. Here, you can lay with us."

I said as I moved over in bed. I kept my arm tight around Brinley as Fergal laid next to me. I grabbed his arm and wrapped it around my waist as I fell asleep.