mommy and daddy

"Brinley Mae you are the cutest little baby I've ever seen!"

Colby said as I smiled. Colby has been bonding with Brinley a lot lately and it really warmed my heart. If Fergal isn't going to be in her life, I want Colby and her to be close.

"She really likes you. I think you guys are gonna have a good connection."

I said with a smile.

"I hope so. I'm really becoming attached to her. I love her so much."

Colby said as he kissed Brinley's cheek. Mercades told me that Fergal was on the road the whole weekend and she even saw Chad giving him some money. Turns out Fergal really did want to win the bet.

I'm just happy to have found someone who loves Brinley and I. Colby loved us and he's gonna be a good dad to Brin. I'm not opposed to Fergal coming and visiting Brinley but he hasn't even made the effort since they came back from the road.

"Looks like someone is hungry."

Colby said as he handed me a crying Brinley. I sighed as I began to feed her.

"I hope we have a baby one day, you know that?"

Colby said.

"Didn't you say that you didn't want kids at one point?"

"Yeah but...just seeing you with Brinley changes my perspective. It makes me think that maybe I could be good at this dad thing with my own kid."

"Well you're already doing the dad thing. And you're great at it. Brinley loves you and I love you too. Maybe one day we'll have our own kid.
Maybe."

I said as I ran my hand through his hair. Brinley finished eating so I started burping her.

"You would be the absolute best sister. I just know it."

I said as I kissed her cheek.

"And you would be and are the best dad ever."

I said as I kissed Colby. Life is just picture perfect with Brin, Colby and I. Nothing could ruin our little family.