just a game

"You ready to see Daddy pumpkin?"

I asked Brinley as I unbuckled her car seat. She looked up at me as I smiled. I grabbed her car seat and her teddy bear and sighed.

"This thing is the root of all evil. But...I'm not tearing it from you."

I said as I looked at the bear. I shut the car door and walked toward the entrance of the restaurant. I looked around the restaurant till I found Fergal sitting in a booth. I took a deep breath as I sat on the opposite side from him.

"Hi."

I said with a smile.

"Hey. Can I hold Brinley real quick?"

Fergal asked. I unbuckled Brinley from her car seat and handed her to Fergal. Once she was in his arms, she instantly started wailing.

"Shhh, baby girl. It's okay sweetheart."

Fergal said as he rocked her back and forth. I looked at her bear as I sighed.

"Here. She loves this thing."

I said as I handed him the bear. He looked at it for a second before taking it and showing it to Brinley. Then she stopped crying.

"I love you sweetheart. I've missed you so much."

Fergal said as Brinley stretched her arms out and grabbed Fergal's beard.

"She loves hair already. Might want to watch out."

I said with a smile.

"Okay, so we need to talk."

Fergal said.

"Fergal, you hurt me. Plain and simple. You hurt me worse then Colby ever did."

"I was hurt too Pamela."

"But over a teddy bear?"

"It's more then the bear. It was the first gift I got my baby girl. It was special to me."

Fergal said as he looked down at Brinley.

"I'm sorry for throwing it out. I was just bitter and angry in that moment. But you hurt me really badly Fergal. You told me I was just a rebound. I haven't even talked to anyone since you said that. All I did was cry and take care of Brin."

I said as I wiped tears that were falling down my face.

"And I'm sorry that I said that. Let me be honest with you. Chad and I had a game going on once you and Colby broke up. He challenged me that I couldn't get with you. He was gonna pay me $300 if I was with you for 6 Months."

"So I was just a game to you?"

"No! I fell in love with you when we were together Pam. I'm so in love with you."

"But you didn't even want me when we first got together. You just wanted money. You played with my feelings. Colby was the one who truly loved me. Oh god, I chose the wrong guy."

I sobbed.

"Pam, I'm so sorry."

"I can't even look at you right now. Can you please just hand me Brin back?"

I asked Fergal. He handed me Brinley as I quickly put her into her car seat.

"Please don't call me. And tell Chad to just give you the stupid $300. Cause I guess that's how much my heart costs to you."

I said before storming out of the restaurant. I can't believe I was just a game to Fergal. And I don't even know if I can believe him when he speaks anymore.