no show

"I have no idea how you've done this for a week now."

Colby said as he rubbed his eyes.

"Lots of coffee. Like tons."

I said as I handed him a cup of coffee. He has been staying with Brinley and I the last few days and finally got a taste of my life with a newborn.

"Is Fergal coming today?"

"I hope."

I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"You know they have a show tonight, right?"

"I know. The whole point of me making him come on the weekends is that I want to see what matters more to him: Brinley or his championship. Ever since I was pregnant, he put that damn title in front of Brin and I. I'm not letting him do that to my little girl anymore."

"At least you have logic behind it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Fergal shows up."

"Yep,"

I said as I sighed. I didn't have high hopes of Fergal showing up but hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

+

"I know. I know you miss your Daddy baby. I'm so sorry he didn't show up."

I said, holding back my own tears, as I rocked Brinley back and forth. Fergal didn't show. He didn't send me a text. He didn't call. I got nothing from him and it's truly disappointing.

"I love you. I'll never leave you. Never."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. After Brinley fell asleep, I carried her downstairs and put her in the bassinet next to the couch.

"You okay?"

Colby asked.

"Nope. Brin's asleep so Fergal officially blew his shot. I guess I see where Brin lands in importance for him."

I said as I teared up.

"Don't worry about him. He made his bed, he can lay in it. I love Brin, you love Brin...we can be a family."

Colby said as I nodded.

"Thank you for being here. I can't do it without you. I love you."

I whispered into his ears.

"Of course. All always be here for my girls. Always."

Colby said as he kissed the top of my head. Colby is right. Fergal made his bed, he can lay in it. He could've called or texted me but he didn't. And that's his own problem.