heartbroken

I sat on the rocking chair in Brinley's nursery, holding her favorite teddy bear and blanket close to my chest, as I continued sobbing. I lost her. I lost the one thing that I truly loved. This hurt more then anything Colby and Fergal could've done to me. This felt like a billion knives are just twisting into my heart. I looked up as I heard a knock on the door of the nursery.

"Hey baby. How are you holding up?"

Colby asked me.

"She can't sleep without her bear and blanket. You know that. She needs to be wrapped up in her favorite pink blanket with the teddy bear next to her and she reaches out and holds its little arm at night. Remember that night when we couldn't find her bear? She sobbed for hours before you found it. She's going to be going through that for days now."

I sobbed as I held her bear closer to me.

"Shhh, I'm sure Fergal will take care of her."

Colby said as I nodded. That's when I heard my phone ring.

"It's Fergal."

I said as I looked at the FaceTime call. I quickly answered it as Fergal appeared on the screen. I could hear Brinley screaming her head off.

"Hey Fergal."

I said as I wiped my tears.

"Hey. Um, I can't seem to put Brin asleep. Is there something you do that puts her to sleep?"

Fergal asked.

"She needs her teddy bear and blanket. She won't sleep without it."

I said a I looked at the blanket and bear in my lap.

"If I call Mercy can you give it to her to drop off?"

Fergal asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, Thanks."

Fergal said.

"Wait."

I said before he hung up.

"What?"

"Can I see Brin? Just for a second?"

I asked. Fergal pointed the phone at her as my heart broke. All I wanted is to hold her and rock her to sleep.

"Mommy is so sorry baby girl. I'm so sorry. I love you so much."

I said as more tears fell down my face. That's when the call ended. I sighed as I put my head back on the rocking chair. Why did things have to turn out so horrible?