mommy and son

"What's wrong little dude?"

I asked Kieran as I picked him up from his crib. I've been so busy with Brinley that I haven't had much bonding time with Kieran.

"It's okay. Don't cry."

I said as I rocked him back and forth.

"You know, I wish your Daddy wasn't such a bad guy so you could meet him. But...not after what he did to your sister. I can't believe he's still with that little brat of a girlfriend of his. And you look so much like your Daddy. You're like the spitting image of him."

I said as I ran my thumb over his cheek.

"Your Aunt Leah and Aunt Mercy want to go out and start dating again but I don't think so. Men haven't been so good to me. Your dad was involved in hiding your sister's broken arm and Colby got me arrested. Although, it would be nice to have a significant other."

I said as I sighed.

"What do you think about having a father figure in your life?"

I asked Kieran as he stared at me with his big blue eyes. He squirmed his little arms around as I smiled.

"I think that's a yes. I'll have to talk to Aunt Mercy and Aunt Leah about setting Mommy up."

I said with a smile. If Fergal can move on, so can I. I'm a great Mom and I deserve some happiness. Maybe meeting someone will do the kids and I some good. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find the one for me.