the slap

"Are you ready to go home baby girl?"

I asked Brinley as I tucked her into her car seat. We finally get to go home today and I finally get to embark on the journey of single motherhood.

"I love you so, so much. I'll never leave you princess. Never."

I said as I kissed her forehead. Then I heard a knock come from the door.

"You ready to go?"

Colby asked.

"Yeah. Can you carry her car seat please? I'm still super sore."

I said.

"Of course. Let's get you two home."

Colby said as he grabbed Brinley's car seat and we headed to the car.

+

"Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it."

I said as I hugged him.

"It's not problem. I'm here if you or Brinley need anything or any help. I'm just a phone call away."

"Thank you for that. I'm just gonna feed her and take a nap. I'll be back up with her in an hour or two anyway."

I laughed.

"Okay. Well good luck and again, I'm just a phone call away."

Colby said as I smiled. He walked out of the house as I walked over to Brinley's crib. I smiled as I picked her up.

"Hey baby girl. Gosh, your eyes are so gorgeous. Mommy loves you so much. I'll never leave you princess."

I said as I kissed her forehead. I sighed as I heard a knock at the door. I placed Brin back into her crib, grabbed a baby monitor, and walked to the door.

"What the hell do you want?"

I asked Fergal when I opened the door.

"I came to see my-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence before I slapped him.

"You fucking left you daughter. You left us! You left us to go fuck around with Cathy! How dare you even come here."

I spat in his face.

"Pam-"

"No. I'm never letting Brinley go through the pain you've put me through all because of a damn teddy bear. You destroyed me Fergal. Seeing you with Cathy...it destroyed my heart. You told me I was your everything but you replaced me in a second. How could you replace me like that Fergal?"

"Because you were just a rebound from Cathy!"

Fergal yelled at me.

"I was a rebound?"

"Yes. This relationship was suppose to last a few months but then you got pregnant. I was just trying to do the right thing."

Fergal said. If I thought my heart was broken before...it's disintegrated now.

"I can't believe you just...used me. You manipulated me into loving you. I thought you loved me. You aren't the loving Fergal Devitt I know."

I said as I shut the door and tears streamed down my face. I'm done with these damn relationships. I always get played like a damn fool and get manipulated into loving them. I did love Fergal and he...he was using me. Well not anymore.