little baby

I took a deep breath as I sat in the doctors office, waiting for my name to be called. After I find out the baby's gender, I'm heading right to San Jose to clear my mind.

I'm not gonna lie, I wish Fergal would bust into the room during my appointment. But that's just not realistic. But at least I'm taking this trip to San Jose to weight out my options. I'm still having second thoughts about keeping this baby if Fergal isn't going to be in the picture but...maybe this trip can help me decide.

"Pamela Martinez?"

The nurse called. I stood up and walked into the office. I sat on the exam table and sighed.

"We're in this together. You and me."

I said to my bump. That's when a knock came on the door. And it was someone I definitely wasn't expecting.

"Fergal?"

I asked.

"Pam, Mercades told me that you were thinking about aborting the baby. You aren't really going through with it, are you?"

Fergal asked.

"No. It was just a thought."

"Good. I'm sorry I haven't been here the last three months. I really missed you. Both of you. And I want to be with you Pam. I want to be a family."

Fergal said as he put his hand on my cheek.

"That's all I've wanted to hear for three months."

I said with a smile as I kissed him. He sat down next to me as the doctor came into the room. She put the gel on my stomach and started the ultrasound. I smiled as the baby appeared on the screen.

"I can't believe that's our little baby."

I said as Fergal held my hand.

"That's...incredibly. They're all ours."

Fergal said as a tear fell from his face.

"Don't cry baby."

I said with a smile as I wiped his tears.

"Would you guys like to know the gender?"

The doctor asked.

"Yes please."

"It's a girl! Congratulations."

She said as I smiled at Fergal.

"A little princess. Princess Devitt. I can't believe we're having a little girl."

Fergal said as I felt my own tears fall down my face.

"I've always wanted a daughter. Now it's reality."

I said. The doctor wiped the gel off my stomach and handed the photos to Fergal and I and we went on our way.

"I can't believe we're having a little girl! I'm so happy!"

I said as I wrapped my arms around Fergal's neck.

"Me too. From here on out, I'm going to treat you two like the princesses you are. I love you."

"I love you too."

I said as I kissed him.