make a date

I sighed as I looked at Brinley who was laying next to me on my bed. The last few days I've just been taking care of Brinley and bawling my eyes out. I locked the front door to the house and have been ignoring all calls and texts. My heart is just broken. Fergal broke me. He broke my heart more then a stupid bear could break his.

"I love you Brinley Mae. I love you so much. At least you can't break my heart."

I said as I kissed her cheek. She looked up at me and began to cry.

"Shhh, it's okay sweetheart. Don't cry."

I said as I picked her up and carried her into the nursery.

"Do you want your bear that Uncle Colby got you?"

I asked her as I showed her the bear. Even if this damn bear cause so much drama and heartache...Brinley did love it. I sat down in the rocking chair and rocked Brinley back and forth. Once I got her calmed down I heard my phone ring.

"Why do you want Fergal?"

I asked him.

"Pam, I'm sorry for what I said the other day. I miss you and Brin a lot."

"Fergal how can you tell me that I'm a rebound then call me and say that you miss me?"

I asked him.

"I don't know. I was just angry and it wasn't true. I want to see you and Brinley. Please Pamela."

"I don't know. You really broke me Fergal. I haven't talked to anyone in days. You hurt me so badly over a teddy bear."

"And I'm so sorry. I don't even know why I said that. But I love you and I love Brinley and I just want to see you. Could you maybe meet me at a restaurant tomorrow and we can talk?"

Fergal asked. I sighed as I looked down at Brinley who was staring up at me. I needed to do this for her. She did need her dad.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow for lunch."

I said as I hung up.

"Hopefully this will work for your sake. Maybe we can make it work and be a happy family again."

I said as I put Brinley in her crib. Maybe, just maybe, this can work between Fergal and I.