the truth comes out

"Pam? Wake up baby."

Fergal said as he shook me awake.

"What?"

I asked as I sat up.

"Brinley's hungry."

Fergal said as he passed me the crying baby.

"Shhh, it's okay baby."

I said half-awake as I began to breastfeed her.

"How long was I asleep for?"

I asked Fergal.

"Only 30 Minutes. Brinley only woke up this one time. The rest of the time she was asleep."

Fergal said as I sighed. Once Brin was finished eating I put her back in her little bed and sat back on the hospital bed. That's when a knock came from the door.

"Come in."

I said, desperately wanting to go back to bed. That's when Colby came into the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

Fergal yelled at him.

"Fergie stop. We made amends and we're friends. Please don't flip out with Brin in the room."

I said. Fergal rolled his eyes and sat down in his chair. I put my finger in Brin hand as I smiled.

"Oh cool, you brought the bear I got her."

Colby said. Once he said that, my heart sunk.

"What do you mean the bear you got Brinley?"

Fergal asked.

"I got her this pink bear with her name in it. See, I wrote a little note on the tag. To: Brinley + Pamela. Good luck with the precious baby girl."

"So where's the bear I got her, Pamela?"

Fergal asked me. I looked at him with tears in my eyes as I sighed.

"I didn't want her to have the same bear so I threw it out."

I said.

"How could you throw it out?! That was the first gift I ever bought Brinley!"

"She didn't need two of the same bear!"

"So throw out his damn bear. I can't believe you. I'm out of here."

Fergal said as he turned to leave. But I grabbed his wrist.

"Please don't leave. Remember the happiness we've had these past 24 Hours. Please don't leave Brin and I."

"I'm not leaving Brinley. I'm leaving you."

Fergal said as he grabbed his wrist and left the room.

"I'm so sorry Pam. I didn't mean to start a fight between you two."

Colby said as more tears fell down my face.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. Besides, I guess this kinda shows Fergal's true colors too. I just can't believe he actually left Brinley Too. He's wrong. He isn't just leaving me. He's leaving Brin too. And I guess I have to problem with raising her on my own."

I said as I wiped my tears. If Fergal couldn't even stay for Brin then...I truly know him now.