the truth

"Damn Pam. Your hand is all bruised up."

Mercades said as she looked at my black and blue hand.

"Yeah but it was fucking worth it. I mean, they broke my one year old daughter's arm! I had to fuck them up."

"Yes Mama Bear!"

Mercades said as I laughed.

"I seriously just can't believe he hurt his daughter like that."

Mercades said as I sighed.

"It was either him or Cathy. And besides, even if he didn't do it, he still changed her. He helped her get dressed. He saw her bruised arm and ignored it. That's fucked up."

I said.

"Mama!"

I heard as Brinley ran into the room.

"Aunt Mercy drew on my cast!"

Brinley said with a smile as she showed me the doodles on her cast.

"Did you tell Aunt Mercy 'thank you'?"

"Thank you Aunt Mercy!"

Brinley said to Mercades with a smile.

"Why don't you go draw on your cast so Aunt Mercy And Mommy can finish talking. I'll come play with you in a minute."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. She ran off to her room as I sighed.

"Do you think Fergal will take you to court for visitation?"

"He can take me to court all he wants. I'll show the court my daughter's broken arm and her and Kieran will be mine. He isn't going to see them ever again."

I said as I crossed my arms across my chest.

+

"It's almost time to get changed for bed sweetheart."

I said as I walked into Brinley's room. I got Kieran fed and laid down so next it's Brinley's turn.

"Okay."

Brinley said as she started to put her toys away. I took a deep breath as I looked at her arm.

"Can I ask you something Brin?"

"Sure Mama."

"How did you hurt your arm?"

I asked her as she looked up at me.

"Cathy pulled me off my chair and down onto my arm. It hurt a lot. Daddy saw it when he was helping me change and him and Cathy got into a scary fight and daddy said that we can't let you know."

Brinley said as my heart broke. I knew they were both behind this.

"Okay. Thank you for telling me."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. Why the hell would Fergal try and cover it up and not get her help?