lousy dad

"Good morning beautiful."

I said as I picked Kaileah up from her cot. I smiled as she opened her eyes and looked up at
me.

"Mommy loves you baby girl!"

I said as I kissed her forehead. I rummaged through the baby bag and pulled out a onesie for Kai. I finished up changing her when a knock came at the door. And the person who was there shocked me.

"What do you want Fergal?"

I asked as I snapped Kai's onesie together.

"I came to see my daughter."

Fergal said as I rolled my eyes.

"Really? Now that she's born you want to see her? You haven't cared about her at all. Do you even know her name Fergal?"

I asked him as I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course I do. Kalynn."

Fergal said as I scoffed at him. He really is unbelievable.

"Her name is Kaileah. You don't even know your daughter's name. You're pathetic. I don't want Kai to have a father who couldn't care less about her. You've been denying her for months and now all of a sudden you want to see her?! The answer is no Fergal. Just leave. Don't make  it any harder on us."

I said as I wiped my tears away. Fergal walked out of the room as I laid back and played Kaileah on my chest.

"I love you baby girl. I'll always love you enough for both parents. You'll always have Mommy. I promise."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. We didn't need Fergal in our lives. All we needed is each other.