clueless

I took a sip of my coffee as I sat down on the couch. Kieran had me up early this morning so once I got him back to bed, I decided to just stay up. I groaned as I heard a knock at the door. Who the hell could be here at 6am? I opened the door to see Fergal on my doorstep.

"Why are you here so early?"

I groaned.

"Well I figured Kieran would be waking up this early."

"I just put him back down but I guess you can come in."

I said as I moved so Fergal can walk into the house. I raised an eyebrow as I noticed Fergal had gift bags in his hands.

"What's that?"

I asked Fergal as I pointed to the bags.

"It's some stuff for you and the kids. Here's your stuff."

Fergal said as he handed me a bag. I opened it up to find a charm bracelet and some wrestling tapes.

"Thanks."

I said as I smiled and put the bracelet on my wrist.

"What did you get the kids?"

I asked him. He handed me the gift bags as I started looking through them.

"Teletubbies? Brinley hates them."

I said to Fergal.

"Legos? Fergal, Kieran is two months old! He'll swallow these!"

I said as I put the box back in the bag.

"Okay! I'm sorry!"

"Well I understand that you aren't around but don't be stupid."

I said as I walked out of the room.

+

"You ready to see your Daddy?"

I asked Kieran as I smiled at him. I slowly placed him into Fergal's arms as Fergal smiled.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna get Brinley changed."

I said as I walked out of the room. The second I stepped into Brinley's room, I heard Kieran's cries. I walked into the living room to see Fergal, clearly panicking as he rocked Kieran back and forth. He never was around Brinley when she was a baby. Maybe he just didn't know how to take care of Kieran.

Or maybe Kieran doesn't like Fergal.

"Shh, it's okay baby."

I said as I took Kieran from Fergal. The second he got into my arms, Kieran stopped crying.

"It'll get better. He just has to get used to you."

I told Fergal. I just hope that's the truth.