i can't forgive you

"You good?"

Mercy asked as she helped me walk into the house.

"Yeah."

I said as I slowly walked in. I finally got released from the hospital even thought I'm as weak as can be. I could barley walk without any help and the doctor put me on bedrest until the baby comes. It all just sucks.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"That's enough walking for one day."

I said as I laid down on the couch. Mercades threw a blanket over me and I started to fall asleep until a knock came at the door.

"Don't you move. I got it."

Mercades said as she got off the couch and walked to the door. But the person who followed her into the room made me want to cry just by seeing them.

"What are you doing here Fergal?"

I asked him.

"I heard you had a heart attack. Is it true?"

"Yeah. I almost lost our—the baby."

I said, changing my words since I know Fergal doesn't claim this baby.

"I'm sorry. And I'm here to apologize for everything I did to you."

Fergal said.

"Really?"

I asked him.

"Yeah. But...there's still one thing."

"What?"

"I still can't trust you."

Fergal said. Once he said that..my heart shattered.

"Why can't you trust me? I've always been loyal to you."

I said as tears fell down my face.

"Colby had no reason to lie to me. And I still want a DNA test for this baby."

Fergal said which made me cry harder to the point that I started hyperventilating.

"Okay, you need to get the fuck out."

Mercades said as she got in between us.

"Aren't you the one who wanted me here Mercy?"

"Yeah, I did want you here. I wanted you here to make up to her all the shit you've pulled. I wanted you to love her, not send her into a damn panic attack! Just get the fuck out you deadbeat piece of shit!"

She yelled at him. Fergal rolled his eyes and left as Mercy came to my side.

"Shhh, it's okay. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay. I promise."

Mercy said as she hugged me. I genuinely thought Fergal might've wanted me back. But I guess that's not reality.