civilized

"You're the most handsome little boy I've ever seen! Yes you are!"

I said with a smile as Kieran looked up at me with his big blue eyes. He's the spitting image of Fergal. Too bad he probably won't meet his dad. I laid Kieran on my chest as I closed my eyes for a minute. That was until a knock came from the door.

"Mama!"

I heard as I sat up. I smiled as Leah walked into the room with Brinley on her hip.

"Hey princess."

I said as I placed Kieran in his little cot and took Brinley from Leah.

"I've missed you pumpkin. Did you miss Mommy?"

I asked Brinley.

"Yes Mama."

"I missed you too. Wanna meet your little brother?"

"Yes!"

She said with a smile. Leah held Brinley in her lap and I placed Kieran in Leah's arms.

"He's so beautiful Pam."

Leah said as I smiled.

"Key-ran!"

Brinley cheered as I smiled.

"We'll work on it baby."

I said as I kissed the top of her head. That's when I heard a knock at the door. I sighed as I looked at Fergal.

"I'm gonna take Brin for a walk."

Leah said as she placed Kieran in his cot and left the room with Brinley.

"What do you want?"

I asked Fergal as I sat on the bed.

"I just wanna talk."

"Is Cathy here?"

"No. Listen, I'm here to compromise. I know you don't like Cathy and I'm sorry I keep bringing her around. But I want to see my kids. What do I have to do to see them?"

Fergal asked. I bit my lip as I sighed.

"Here's my compromise. Either take it or leave it. You can see Brinley only. Not Kieran. I'm not letting you hurt him. And you can only see Brinley at my house. And you can't just show up. You have to call or text ahead of time. That's the only offer I'm making. Take it or leave it."

I said.

"Well if that's the only one I'm getting...I'll take it. I'll call you in a few days."

Fergal said as I nodded. He left as I sighed. At least Brinley will be excited to see him.