a present

"I can't believe you're having a baby in 7 Weeks."

Mercades said as she continued putting Brinley's clothes into the closet.

"I know. I'm scared but excited."

I said as I looked at my bump. Today I'm officially 33 weeks pregnant and everything is just coming into perspective. And it's becoming the scary reality that I'm going to take care of Brinley alone.

"Don't be scared. We're all by your side. And you never know, Fergal might apologize."

"I'm beginning to doubt it day by day."

I said as I sighed.

"I don't blame you. But we're all here for you and Brin. Trust me."

Mercades said as she looked into Brinley's crib. That's when she picked up the teddy bear that Colby gifted for Brinley.

"Who gave you this? I don't remember seeing this at the shower."

"Um, Colby dropped that off."

"What?!"

Mercades snapped at me.

"He came by yesterday and said he was sorry and we made amends. It's not a big deal."

"It's a huge deal!"

"It's really not. Besides, it's a cute bear. So calm down."

I said as I put the bear back in Brinley's crib. That's when I heard a knock from the front door. I walked to the door and opened it to see nothing but flowers and a gift bag. I put the flowers on the kitchen island and read the note on them.

I love you and I'm sorry. You are always going to be my everything. I love you and Brinley and I always will. - Fergal

I reached into the gift bag and pulled out the same exact pink bear that Colby got Brinley with her name engraved in it.

"The same bear?"

Mercades asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Brin doesn't need the same bear. I'll just throw this one out."

"You're going to throw the bear that her dad gave her and let her play with the one the Scumbag gave her?"

Mercades protested.

"What's the difference between the bear."

"Cause one of them is from her dad. Her first gift from her dad."

"It's just a bear. Fergal will never find out. The bears are identical. Besides, Brin doesn't need to hoard things."

I said as I put the bear in the gift bag and shoved it into a trash bag.

"You're something else when you're pregnant."

Mercades said as I sighed. I shrugged my shoulders as I walked back up to the nursery. What's the big deal about a damn stuffed bear?