a friendship restored

"Thank you guys for helping me. I really appreciate it."

I said as I hugged Mercades, Leah, Rami, and Kevin. They put together all the furniture in Brinley's room for me and I finally got to add all the decorations into it. It's fit for a princess. My little princess.

"Of course. Now you just need a little girl to put in that crib."

Mercades said as I smiled.

"I don't know if I'm ready for her to come just yet. Not after what happened with Fergal."

I said as I wiped a tear that fell down my face away.

"Don't cry. You're going to be an amazing Mom, even if Fergal isn't in the picture. Brinley is going to love you."

Leah said as I smiled.

"Thank you guys so much. Now, I'm off to fill her closet with all the outfits her Aunt Mercy bought her."

I said as I picked up the box of clothes.

"Don't worry, I'll be spoiling her like that for the next 18 years!"

Mercades said as I rolled my eyes. They left the house as I walked to the nursery. I started hanging some of Brinley's clothes up as a knock came from the front door. I opened the door to see Colby standing there with a gift bag in his arms.

"What do you want Colby?"

I asked as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I want to make amends with you. I just want our friendship back. Put everything behind us and just be friends. So, I got this for you."

Colby said as he handed me the gift bag. I opened the gift bag to see a pink teddy bear with Brinley's name engraved into it.

"Colby...this is amazing! Thank you."

I said as I hugged him.

"Of course. I hope Brinley likes it when she's here. So are we cool?"

"We're cool. I'll see you around."

I said with a smile as I shut the door. I carried the bear to the nursery and placed it in Brinley's crib.

"Now we're just waiting on you baby girl. Brinley and Mommy against the world."

I said with a smile. 8 more weeks to go...