baby torn away

3 weeks later

"I can't believe you're already a month old!"

I said as I picked Brinley up from her crib. Brinley is a month old today and hasn't even seen her dad since the day at the restaurant. Fergal hasn't even made the effort and I'm not chasing him down for him to see his daughter.

"I love you so much baby girl. Let's get you dressed before Daddy comes home."

I said. I placed her on the changing table and walked over to her closet. I looked through her clothes until I heard a thud on the floor. I turned around to see Brinley laying on the floor crying.

"Oh my god Brin!"

I said as I picked her up.

"Shh, it's okay Brin. Mommy's got you."

I said as I rocked her. She already had a big bump and bruise on her head. I started crying as Colby rushed into the nursery.

"What happened?"

He asked as he took Brinley from me.

"I turned my back for a second and she fell off the changing table."

I sobbed.

"Okay, calm down. Let's get her to the hospital."

Colby said as we rushed out of the house.

+

"What happens to her?"

Mercades asked as she rushed into the emergency room and hugged me.

"I turned my back for a second and she fell off the changing table. They won't even let me see her. Oh god I'm terrified."

I said as tears continued to fall down my face.

"Don't be. She's gonna be okay. Trust me."

Colby said as he wrapped his arm around my waist. That's when I heard someone else come in. And it's someone I didn't want to see ever again.

"Fergal? How did you find out we're here?"

I asked him as I sniffled.

"Mercades told me that Brinley is in the hospital."

Fergal said.

"Yeah. It was an honest mistake. I didn't mean for her to fall."

"I know Pam. You would never hurt Brin."

Fergal said as I took a deep breath. That's when the doctors approached us with a police officer.

"Can we see the mother and father real quick?"

The doctor asked. I nodded as Fergal and I went to the side with them.

"Pamela, you were the one with Brinley, correct?"

The officer asked.

"Yeah. I didn't mean to hurt her."

I sniffled.

"Well we're going to have to investigate you. Until then, Fergal has immediate custody. You can't have any contact with Brinley or you will be arrested."

The officer explained. My heart is crushed.

"Please don't do this. I love my baby so much."

"I'm going to need you to leave or you'll be escorted out of here."

The officer said. I wiped my tears as I went back and explained it to Colby and Mercades. Colby, Mercades, and I left the hospital and I just broke down in tears once I walked out the door.

"I lost my baby. I lost my baby girl. I didn't mean to hurt her."

I sobbed as Colby held me.

"It's okay. You'll get her back. I promise."

Colby said as I sobbed into his shoulder. No matter how many times he said it...it just doesn't seem true anymore.