The House at the End of the Street

Story: The House at the End of the Street

Monster(s): Mordecai K. Frye, a large, derelict house that turns out to be a living, breathing monster possessed by the vengeful spirit of a bullied man with Gigantism.

Summary:
Shaky neighborhood boy, Adam Johnson, hears about a rumor from the kids on the block about a lonely decrepit house that sits by itself at the far end of the suburbs surrounded by dead trees and grass. The only inhabitant is the elderly, curmudgeon lady, Adeline Frye who hates people who trespasses on her property. 

They say that she murdered her husband by cutting him up into pieces with an axe and buried them outside. Adam decides to find check it out for himself. He throws a brick at a window, which he then hears a slight moaning and groaning sound coming from inside. Adeline darts outside, screaming and cursing, scaring Adam away. 

That night, Adam receives a call from a strange man who threatens him, telling him to stay away from the house. He ventures over to the house and sneaks inside. There are more loud groaning noises echoing everywhere. Adeline catches him and decides it's time to come clean. Years ago, she married a long-suffering man named Mordecai who was born with gigantism, had a unibrow and a low-pitched baritone voice. 

The neighborhood kids threw stones at him one day, causing him to slip and break his head on the concrete, killing him. Adeline buried him in the basement and his spirit possessed the house itself. Suddenly, the house springs to life, trying to kill Adam. 

But Adeline calms him down and kills herself. The house begins to collapse as Adam escapes.

Cast:
Adam Johnson
Adeline Frye, a crazy old lady living in the old house away from the suburbs.
Mrs. Johnson, Adam's mother.
Mr. Johnson, Adam's father.
Olive, Adam's friend.