The Bear of the Damned

Story: The Bear of the Damned

Monster(s): The Bear of the Damned, a demonic bear god with a ravenous taste for human flesh; a Native-American demigod.

Summary:
Makkapitew "Ka" Butler is a First Nations accountant who decides to visit an old village of the Blackfoot tribe where he was born in before he and his family migrated from. Before his arrival, he is warned that strange occurrences had happened there before by an old lady at a diner. 

Upon first glance of the village, he is caught off guard by the collection of totem poles surrounding it with bear heads on the top. He is met with a young woman, Tahki, who offers him hospitality. Ka hears whispers out in the woods and goes to investigate, only to be nearly mauled by a large, red-eyed grizzly bear. 

While tending to his wounds, the shaman, Eluwilussit, explains that the bear is an unholy offspring of the bear god, Kaiti; a demigod of sorts who was once a great protector of the people. But one day, when the bear tasted human flesh for the first time, it grew carnivorous and feral, turning against the people it sought to protect, eating women and children. 

The Blackfoot had no choice, but to drive the bear out into the wilderness, setting up the totem poles to act as a barrier to keep the bear at bay. 

Cast:
Makkapitew "Ka" Butler, a First Nations accountant of Blackfoot descent.
Tahki, a Blackfoot woman of the tribe.
Eluwilussit, a mystical shaman of the tribe.
The Chief