The Sickness

Set in Season 5

Scar gets very sick, and Cub freaks out.

__________

Scar groaned. The sunlight was very bright this morning. Brighter than normal that is. Scar sat up in bed, and grab one the many syringes on his desk. He grimace slightly as he injected the medicine into his system. He was used to it though. He then grabbed his leg braces. He had gotten them design by Tango of all people, and they made his life a lot easier. 

As Scar stepped out into the cool morning, he noticed that his head was slightly hurting. "Hmm. I gonna stop by X's before heading over to Cub's." He thought. For Scar, he got sick, that could knock him down for weeks. 

As he flew, Scar coughed a couple times. "X?" You here?" he said as he landed on X's island. 

"Scar? What brings y--" he started as Scar began a coughing fit. "SCAR!" X ran right to up him. X put his hand up to Scar's head. It felt warmer than it should be. "Come on." X said as he moved Scar to the coldest part of his base. He sat Scar on the bed within the igloo. "Stay put. I'll be right back ok?" Scar nodded. His head was killing him. 

As X ran into his base he ran right into Cub. "Whoa, X. Is everything alright?" X shook his head. "Scar may be developing a cold." Cub's eyes widen. "Where is he!?" "Igloo." X said running into the main part of his base. Cub took off toward the igloo.

When Cub got there, all he heard was coughing. When he went, he saw a very pale Scar. Scar had layed down on his side facing the wall. He didn't look very well. "Scar?" He got a groan in response. X zipped around Cub and stuck a thermometer in Scar's mouth. X checked, and grimaced. "How bad?" "120" "Hey X, mind if I take him?" X looked Cub. Worry clouded Cub's eyes. "Sure" Cub smiled. He went over to Scar and picked him up bridal style. "I'm be over later to check on him." Cub nodded as he place Scar in a boat.

*Later*

Scar's condition was staying put for now. It had for the last 2 days, in which Cub had gotten no sleep. "Cub?" Cub looked at Stress. "Love, how are you doing?" "Fine." Stress raised an eyebrow at that. "Right. How about you take a nap?" Cub groaned. "How about... no!" "Fine Cub. But please remember to take care of yourself!" Stress said as she took off. Cub sighed. As long as Scar was sick, he wasn't in the mood to sleep.

*Next day*

Cub's head shot up. He had almost fell completely asleep. The sounds of rockets seemed much louder than usual. "Hey Cub." He looked to see X and Mumbo. "I'm gonna check on Scar's condition, while you take a nap." X said. Mumbo looked at Cub. "Cub." Cub growled "What?" "Look, I'm not forcing you to anything, but would Scar want you to do this to yourself?" Cub just looked Mumbo. "I...I..." "I have a feeling he wouldn't. Take a nap. X and I are gonna hang out here for at least a hour if not longer, ok? Don't worry." Cub sighed. Mumbo was right. Scar would want him to do this to himself. 

*3 hours later*

Cub slowly opened his eyes, to see Mumbo reading. "Mumbo?" "Oh, hey you're awake." "You weren't lying?" "Nope. X and I have been shifting between the both of you." Mumbo said as he walked toward the door. "X wanted to talk with you." Cub stretched as he followed the younger male. "Hey X, he's up." "Thanks." Cub walk into the room he had Scar in. X was sitting on the couch. "Great news, he's at 102 right now." Cub smiled.

For the next week, Scar was out, and everyone could see it taking a toll on Cub. The guy had gotten about 23 hours of sleep during the entire week. And now X had called in someone Cub would more than likely listen to.

"Cubfan." Cub turn to see TFC of all people giving him a blank stare. "Hey." "Cub. Look I get you're worried, but you hurting yourself. Now go to bed and S. L. E. E. P." "B--" "No. Bed. Now." With that TFC watched as Cub went slowly to his bed. It was literally an hour later, when TFC heard, "Where am I?" He looked to see Scar slowly sitting up. 

"How you feeling, Scar?" "Better. Where..." "Cub's." Scar looked around, yep it was Cub's base. But, "Where is Cub?" TFC sighed. "Scar you've been out for 10 days. Cub has gotten maybe 26 hours of sleep during that time." "WHY?!?" "He was worried about you Scar." Scar blushed slightly. He put his braces on and headed toward Cub's room. Scar smiled as he saw Cub sound asleep. He walk over to him and placed a kiss on Cub's cheek. "Sleep tight Cub." Scar said as he walked out of the room.

_______

I pull all-nighters all the time, so I feel for Cub. But please make sure you sleeping. Lack of sleep can cause a lot of damage to your mental health.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this!

Bye!