Paralyzed

Scar leaned back in his chair in the Con Corp meeting room. Cub was avoiding him, and Scar wasn't sure why. And while, yes Jellie did follow him around, but she didn't come anywhere near him. And it was starting to piss him off. 

Then he fell backward. Hitting his head on the ground, knocking himself out. 

When he came to, all he saw was darkness. "Um... okay Cub, turns the lights back on." "Cub isn't here right now." Scar turned to see Skotádi. "The only ones here are you and me. We need to talk." "Can't it wait?" "Not if you want to lose your friends." Scar's eyes narrowed. "You have become emotional paralyzed Scar." "I have not!" "Really?" Skotádi said, "Then explain why you have stopped showing emotion to everyone." Scar looked confused. Skotádi sighed. A memory started behind Scar. 

"I mean it's kinda a big deal Scar. If IDEA takes all the profit then we kinda lose." "Okay." "Can you please show some interest in this?" "I am." "Than at least sound like it." Scar was kinda shocked. "I didn't actually do that did I?" "You did. Now what caused that?" "I have no idea."

Scar looked back at the memory, and he started, "When did I become so numb? When did I lose myself? All the words that leave my tongue feel like they came from someone else."

"Your paralyzed, where are your feelings? You no longer feel things, you know you should. Your paralyzed, where is the real you? Your lost and it kills you inside, your paralyzed." Skotádi sang. 

"When did I become so cold? When did I become ashamed?" Scar was so confused. "Where's the person that I know?" "They must have left, they must have left, with all your faith." Skotádi sang.

"Your paralyzed, where are your feelings? You no longer feel things, you know you should. Your paralyzed, where is the real you? Your lost and it kills you inside, your paralyzed." Scar's hands went to his ears. 

"I'm paralyzed, I'm scared to live, but I'm scared to die, and if life is pain then I buried mine, a long time ago, but it's still alive. And it's takin' over me, where am I? I wanna feel somethin', I'm numb inside, but I don't feel nothin', I wonder why, I'm in the race of life and time passed by.  Look! I sit back and I watch it, hands in my pockets, waves come crashin' over me, but I just watch 'em, I just watch 'em, I'm underwater but I feel like I'm on top of it, I'm at the bottom and I don't know what the problem is, I'm in a box, but I'm the one that locked me in, suffocatin' and I'm runnin' out of oxygen, ah!" Scar said, holding his head, trying to figure out what to do about this.

"I'm paralyzed, where are my feelings? I no longer feel things, I know I should, I'm paralyzed, where is the real me?I'm lost and it kills me inside, I'm paralyzed."

"(Your just so paralyzed) I'm paralyzed (Yeah, your just so paralyzed) Where are my feelings? I no longer feel things (You have no feelings) I know I should (Oh, how come your not moving? Why aren't you moving?) I'm paralyzed (Ay, yeah) Where is the real me? (Where is the real you? Where is the real you?)I'm lost and it kills me, (your paralyzed) inside (your paralyzed)I'm paralyzed (your paralyzed)." 

"Scar, you need to figure out why this happened." 

"r! -AR! SCAR!" Scar's eyes opened slowly. "SCAR!" Cub was shaking him, and trying to wake him up. "I'm up. I'm up." "Oh thank god, you scared me half to death." "Sorry." Scar said, trying to force emotion back into his voice. "You okay?" "I think so." Scar tried to stand up, only to not be able to move his legs. "Cub? Did you take off my braces?" "I didn't, they are still on." "Then why aren't they working?" "What?" Cub rolled Scar's pants legs up, to see the braces were in fact not working. "Hang on, I'll call Tango." "Okay." "You sound more emotional Scar. Maybe that's why you were having issues with emotions." Cub said, before pulling his phone out to contact Tango. Scar's head went back to the floor. "Please don't pass out on me, Scar." Cub said. "I'll try not to." Scar mumbled. 

Scar ended up passing out again. And when he opened his eyes, he was in the darkness. "Do your braces connect to your emotions?" Scar looked over at Skotádi. "Sorta, they are powered by my heart. Gonna have to ask Tango to change it to be powered by my magic." "So since they were slowly done, so was your heart?" "Yeah... glad that they still were working, because if they weren't, my heart may also not be working." A black ball of light appeared. It flew into Scar's chest and disappeared. "You will want that in the future." 

"Are you sure he didn't damage more than just his braces Cub?" "I am 90% sure his head was fine." "Can't a guy just take a nap?" Scar mumbled. "Warn me next time!" Cub said. Scar sat up, and Tango checked the back of Scar's head for injury. "Okay that's clear." "Hey Tango?" "Yeah?" "Can I just have the braces be powered by my magic, please?" "Um... sure." Tango said, "It will take me a bit to change the power module, but after that, it will hopefully work with your magic, if not, how does the vex magic work?"