The Crystals of Power (Part 8)

"Next mage!" The symbols began to flash. They all became...

A fiery red. "Cleo, your up girl." Doc said. "Mage of fire, enter." Cleo rolled her eyes.

"Mommy!" Cleo turned to see a much younger version of herself running toward a burning building. "Daddy!" "CLEOPATRA! COME BACK!" "NO! MOMMY AND DADDY ARE STILL IN THERE!" "I know kiddo, but we can't lose you to." "But Uncle Theo..." "No buts princess."

"It's strange, why would someone who lost their parents and unborn sibling learn the element that killed them?" Cleo turned to see a demon standing there. "You are by the far the strangest fire mage I've seen. My name is Fotiá, the first mage of fire." The demon said, with a bow. "You remind me of a friend of mine." "Who, Impulse? He's related to me." "Not who I was think but okay." "Cleo, I'm gonna cut to the chase. Why did you learn fire magic, revenge, to feel like conquered that point in your past, or was it to avoid taking the throne?" Cleo glared at the demon. "Why does it matter?" "Because everyone has their reason. What's your's?" Cleo's gem lit up.

Cleo blinked and she was back in the room. "What's going on?" "The guardians, they've been like that for maybe an hour now. Makes me wonder what's going on."

"Final mage." Grian gulped.